Murder accused denied bail

Murder accused, Raymond Popo, 63, was denied bail when he appeared in court today after being charged with the chopping death of Morne Panache, Dennery, resident Clayton Justin.

Justin, 49,  is reported to have received a slash wound to the neck  after noon on March 2, 2017, following a dispute at a bar in Dennery.

He was pronounced dead on the scene afterwards by a medical examiner.

Raymond Popo was arrested in connection with the death and charged with non-capital murder.

Popo appeared today in Vieux Fort before Magistrate, Robert Innocent, and was remanded in custody at Bordelais Correctional Facility.

The murder accused, who hails from Gadette, Dennery, is scheduled to make another appearance in court on April 3, 2017.

1. Larry
    March 10, 2017 at 5:17 pm

Never let him out

2. 666
    March 10, 2017 at 5:19 pm

Good, hope he gets life in prison with no parole.

3. Madddd!!!!!!
    March 10, 2017 at 5:27 pm

Go to the gaol.

March 10, 2017 at 5:34 pm

Hung him

March 10, 2017 at 5:35 pm

Get the rope for all those that know how to use a Cutlass or a knife on a person too take their lives like an animal please enough is enough hang him hang them hang all.

1. hotspeed
      March 11, 2017 at 8:06 am

Pay chew

6. Matilda Swope
    March 10, 2017 at 6:01 pm

Tax payers should not be feeding these criminals, they need to be punished by death.

March 11, 2017 at 8:40 pm

I have seen that video….thought it wasn’t here in SLU. The way that guy was soo calm about almost chopping off the victims head….is alarming.
      Jail for the balance of his demonic life.

7. Defaucet
    March 10, 2017 at 6:01 pm

U ppl act like url don’t know bad things can happen to good ppl. Alcohol leads to rage which gives the devil the upper hand

1. What now
      March 10, 2017 at 6:24 pm

@Defaucet……If it was your family who was killed I bet you’d be singing a different song

1. Defaucet
        March 11, 2017 at 12:25 pm

Actually it was but my opinion still stands

8. Kgasp
    March 10, 2017 at 6:51 pm

Hold up , non-capital murder charge , means if found guilty he won’t be sentenced to death ! I could be wrong..the. Again it was not pre medititated .

9. nicky
    March 10, 2017 at 8:44 pm

I figure this was premeditated cause youll were talking an having a drink … could be my family u slaughter like it’s some animal u pay the consequences .heartless ppl now u gonna sit in jail an say like wah I shouldn’t have done that …..hmmm

10. The Jackal
    March 10, 2017 at 9:09 pm

With everybody saying that he should be hanged.I really don’t agree..because remember that the men were engaged in fighting and the man took hit with a stool etc.so both men could have ended up eather way. There are more greater deliberate crimes on helpless people.such as the poor girl..so let be realistic here..

March 10, 2017 at 10:13 pm

Right now it is time to bring back the cat o’nine, these ppl have to start feeing the pain they’ve cause the citizens of this country for the past couple a years.

12. The great
    March 10, 2017 at 11:34 pm

Hang them murderers….heartless murderers

March 11, 2017 at 5:03 am

They should hang him

14. really....
    March 11, 2017 at 7:19 am

At ur age u going to jail?? U mean at that age, ppl still behave like this. At this man’s age I would be having fun with my babies and their babies smh

March 11, 2017 at 9:26 am

Stluciatimes get your facts correct. He is not from Gardette, Dennery.

16. Saint Lucian
    March 11, 2017 at 10:20 am

Heartless old man.. No punishment is more fitting to him than slashing him with that very same cutlass on the neck.

17. Unkown
    March 11, 2017 at 10:41 am

We are always quick to judge. No one knows what happened. There were no witness except the two of them and God. He is not crazy to do such a thing. He was hit with a stool, tell me who likes to feel their skin on fire. We need to put our self in his shoes. What if it was us. I know he is not a heartless man like you’ll keep saying.

March 11, 2017 at 11:04 pm

There was wickness

18. Cabbie
    March 11, 2017 at 12:29 pm

This idiot has the rage & appearance of a gorilla (“flared nostrils”). He must have just climbed down out of the trees the day before he killed. No sympathy for you! Send out a “Tweet” for the hangman.

March 11, 2017 at 2:02 pm

oh boy, the posion called ALCOHOL.so sad i don,t have to discribe how I FEEL ABOUT MY COUNTRY RIGHT NOW .I WISH I COULD WAVE A MAGIC WAND AND MAKE IT ALL GO AWAY BUT I CANT SO I WILL PRAY.

March 11, 2017 at 5:13 pm

Change the information cause his not from gardette

March 11, 2017 at 6:32 pm

Millions of dollars are made in alcohol in st Lucia every day goverment collect over 30 million dollars in heineken piton every year in taxes the biggest killer in st lucia is the system

22. sharon terrell
    March 12, 2017 at 11:23 am

Alcohol is one of satan the devil greatest weapon.I mean the poor man life ended in one of the most gruesome way and yet we have a reason why it should have happened and why it should not have happened.A man is dead as many others,life cut down short,how about we walk in these people shoes,no one ones to die.The weak shall perish and suffer.He suffering now.And i love it.Monsters hiding in plain clothes but wearing the mark of the beast.No bail put the demon in a dungeon with chains.

March 12, 2017 at 6:56 pm

But elderly men used to drink alcohol quite a lot long ago, yet they were not killing each other. I have seen drunk men fighting each other while liming in rum shops, and I was always amused, because they were punching each other, and half of the time the punches would miss. These fights were like comic shows. What has caused the change now?