The St. Lucia Glaucoma Association, a non –profit organization has been in existence from 2008 and operates as an entity of the Saint Lucia Blind Welfare Association. The main aim and objective of the association is to educate the public on this deadly eye disease.
Every year the Association joins the rest of the world in celebrating World Glaucoma Week. The Theme for this year is “Continue the war against Glaucoma – the silent thief of sight”.
Some activities planned for the week include:
1) A church service at Faith Pentecostal in Odsan
2) Articles on Glaucoma in the voice newspaper
3) Presentations to be made to groups e.g. The Womens League in Marchand
4) A Seminar to be held at St. Judes Hospital Conference Room (stadium)
Vieux Fort from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. on the Friday March 17, 2017.
5) Beach party for members of the Association and ex-members who can no longer attend our functions.