Man dies from suspected electrocution

A Soufriere man died this morning from a suspected electrocution.

The victim has been identified by law enforcement officials as Tony Charlery, 42, of Palmiste, Soufriere.

Initial reports indicate that the deceased was walking down a slope to his house  at around 10.30 am and held on to a wire that had become electrified.

Charlery is reported to have been doing some masonry work on his home at the time of his death.

 

 

7 Comments

  1. Anonymous
    March 18, 2017 at 1:31 pm

    Sad but true!

  2. Anonymous
    March 18, 2017 at 1:58 pm

    Oh no so sad

  3. Amie dodo
    March 18, 2017 at 2:14 pm

    Poor jab Awa eh

  4. Anonymous
    March 18, 2017 at 10:13 pm

    Did he have the mandatory RCD installed at his home? When was the last time that the wiring was inspected? How did he come into contact with the exposed live power line ?
    Over to you Electrical Department of the Ministry of Infrastructure. Hope it was not yet another avoidable electrocution. Saint Lucia is becoming the electrocution capital of the OECS.

    1. Anonymous
      March 18, 2017 at 10:28 pm

      The report did not say that he died at his home. It said he held on to a wire while walking down a slope to his home.

      1. Anonymous
        March 18, 2017 at 10:46 pm

        So he took a connection from a neighbour’s home or was it a LUCELEC wire? Film at 11.

  5. Society
    March 20, 2017 at 9:31 pm

    Now. ..something went wrong with lucelec pole and support wire…lucelec if it was my family…you guys would get sued…and to that guy family get a good foreign lawyer and sue that company for that untimely and preventable death..smh

Shares