Joseph: Don’t let politicians use you!

Joseph: Don’t let politicians use you!

Castries South East MP, Guy Joseph, has called on citizens not to allow politicians to use them.

The Minister for Economic Development, Housing, Urban Renewal, Transport and Civil Aviation made the call during an interview on Monday with reporters.

He said some of the most denounced politicians of the opposition Saint Lucia Labour Party (SLP) are today some of the party’s most loved individuals.

“If today I am affiliated with the labour party, I am the Saint – I’m a god; but as long as I remain an opponent of the labour party, I will be disliked,” Joseph asserted.

He explained that because he has chosen to be in politics, he has to take what comes with politics.

“I am not those who go out and cry,” he stated.

“If you want to talk about people who are being attacked, you are talking to number one,” Joseph declared.

He said his family has paid a heavy price.

The Castries South East MP stated that there is no other name that is mentioned  as regularly as that of his family.

“Have you ever heard me coming out and calling other people’s family? Don’t you think I can? Don’t you think I have information at my disposal? I do have, but I choose not to  go down a certain path politically,” Joseph told reporters.

He observed that such was his personal choice as he was not guided by the creed of any individual or party.

“We have our own value system and we live by the values we choose to live by,” Joseph explained.

“Say what you want. The fact is what can you come out and prove?” Joseph declared.

He said that the labour party spent several years in government but could not come up with anything against him.

“You think I am worried about what they say? I will not be disturbed by what the labour party is doing and in the area of denouncing, I have not heard anybody denouncing what is happening in government,” the minister said.

He recalled meeting with an investor two weeks ago.

According to Joseph, the investor said he knew if he was going to make an investment here and signs an agreement with the government at 4:30, at 4:31 it will be public knowledge.

“That was his comment. That is the image we portray of  ourselves and we think this is so nice,” Joseph said.

But he warned that there is a price to pay.

According to Joseph cheap politics does not pay.

1. Amie dodo
    March 21, 2017 at 12:12 pm Reply

O lord help St Lucia Lucian’s let’s work as one and then stlucua will be better we will recognized as one developing nation

2. 758
    March 21, 2017 at 1:22 pm Reply

No! He did not say that.
    So doh trust potitucians. What is he???

March 21, 2017 at 1:44 pm Reply

Stop being so Hasty I’m troublesome. His exact words were, ” do not let politicians use you”.

Matthew 5:11-13King James Version (KJV)

11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.

12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

13 Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.

1. Terence Joseph;
        March 21, 2017 at 5:13 pm Reply

Good word! I believe the prime minister have to ignore the naysayers and the crabs. Let them make noise don’t let them distract progress. Remember that’s their tactics. The enemy always comes like a groaning lion seeking whom he devour,yea don’t worry he has no teeth.

2. Terence Joseph;
        March 21, 2017 at 5:14 pm Reply

March 21, 2017 at 1:50 pm Reply

O my God; father help us Row Row again; I am so fed up; right now the hospital need tofinish; and yet the PM I talking about Dolphin Park finish wat u campain on ; not Dolphin park ; wat about health care come on st lucians need a proper hospital ; stop the nonsence; and get things done ; I vote u guys in and trust me I will vote u out ; time for that to stop and get the work going

4. 666
    March 21, 2017 at 1:59 pm Reply

But, I thought using people was a prerequisite to being a politician.

The sooner ppl understand that they’re being used by their leaders, the sooner they will free themselves from mental slavery.

March 21, 2017 at 2:05 pm Reply

U Alone can’t vote them out isn’t wat he saying is true? St lucians are being used by the labour party and the hospital is close to reopen why should gov do one thing at a time?isn’t that why there a ministers in different portfolios? Ure only fake

March 21, 2017 at 2:15 pm Reply

It is time for st lucians to get their facts right befor they come on st Lucia times and make a fool of themself.The dolphin park will be funded by an investor who will have to be certain he’s going to make a profit, the government now have to acquire funds to then pump into the hospital by trying to grow the economy to sustain the hospital so morans like u would get better care.

March 21, 2017 at 2:32 pm Reply

Kenny squandered 100,000,000 million on the nice workers when he could’ve completed the hospitals.why didn’t he do it ? Where was(is) the out cry ? Just simply politically convenient. Big joke.

March 21, 2017 at 3:17 pm Reply

The bigger joke is that people are telling other people that they should not be political, but everybody is being political. So it boils down to this: you should not be political, but I can be political The reality is that there is nothing wrong with everybody being political. What is of paramount importance, however, is that everybody should UNDERSTAND the issues thoroughly and DISCUSS them fairly. This is what will make us appear to be intelligent beings. Nothing wrong with being political in these circumstances.

March 21, 2017 at 3:24 pm Reply

True talk Guy!!

10. Sad-But-True
    March 21, 2017 at 3:26 pm Reply

Bus Driver, meets the Corporate World.
    I am ashamed of This island. (Word deleted)

March 21, 2017 at 3:53 pm Reply

U should be a shame, after 20years we have not progress one bit,no jobs, no improvement in our day to day lives but as soon as we get some form of opportunity to send the country forward u’all cry like little girls because the dictator couldn’t do it.

12. VIICTOR SIMEINA
    March 21, 2017 at 6:59 pm Reply

Guy Joseph did not say that. Say that to the children who you allow to use the bexon river. Some of whom i personally see with pig rash from bathing in the river.this matter has been in your office for over 6 years, and you do nothing to stop it. Who is Guy Joseph, you tell me.

13. Peterson
    March 21, 2017 at 8:32 pm Reply

Can’t believe Guy Joseph said that he does not call people’s family…I can clearly recall Guy Joseph’s comments on Emma Hippolyte’s involvement with a particular individual and Janine Compton’s marriage into the Rambally family

March 22, 2017 at 12:59 am Reply

Can’t believe these sick ppl,all they have to speak about is maipuee and gossip just like eliterate ppl.So many issues to speak about yet they concern themselves with petty politics.Don’t forget Chas will still be there when jobs starts to flow ,if this is what u all are afraid of.

March 22, 2017 at 3:35 am Reply

This is directed at his own party. He is angry he was not given a bigger piece of the pie and so he is venting his anger. The first politician I will snub is you Joseph.

16. Lucianman101
    March 22, 2017 at 10:15 am Reply

Mr. Joseph your family is being mentioned because of the lucrative contracts they have been receiving. Also why are you still in campaign mode, your party has been in control of the country for more than 9 months. Yet everytime i see you on television you’re blaming the former administration yet you claim you don’t “cry”. Just get on with it and what you think is right for the country man!

March 26, 2017 at 8:07 am Reply

Pay la guy

March 26, 2017 at 8:21 am Reply

This is rich coming from the idiot. Or should I say the compulsive talker is showing once again he never have anything meaningful to say.

March 26, 2017 at 8:33 am Reply

Guy shut up now

20. Peter Victorin
    March 26, 2017 at 8:58 am Reply

What did your prime minister do for the four years he spent in government? We don’t like the truth and we want everything that they couldn’t do to be done in nine months over $ 85m spent on a hospital and it’s yet to be finish I can remember my mother use to say when one don’t like you he gives you a basket to fill a cistern with water and wants it now.
    Can sny one tell me if you /we put up with the labour party and try to block every effort that the government is trying to do where will the money to develop the country come from? Remember the prime minister’s family has helped st. Lucia so much more than the guys you call your Gods and no one can talk about and co to use to do so even now. Why not give him s chance to do more for us, us means you and me.

March 26, 2017 at 9:35 am Reply