PM calls for prayers after Cul de Sac tragedy

PM calls for prayers after Cul de Sac tragedy

Press Release:- Prime Minister Honourable Allen Chastanet has called for prayers and support for the families of those affected by an explosion which occurred in the Cul de Sac area on Tuesday evening (March 21st).

Early reports indicate that there has been loss of life and significant injuries to several persons.

Speaking from the Victoria Hospital where several of the injured were taken following the incident Prime Minister Chastanet said:

Our hearts go out to those who lost loved ones and those who are still waiting to find out information about their family members. You are all in our prayers in this difficult time. We must all support each other at this time and pray for our fellow Saint Lucians.

We must say thanks to the emergency personnel, the police and fire officers, who responded to the incident and who are still working tirelessly into the night at the site to find persons. The staff, the nurses and doctors, of the Victoria Hospital, who responded, some without being called and who are working overtime to attend to the injured must be thanked for their selfless dedication in the wake of this crisis. We should be so proud of all the staff and emergency response persons. This is testimony to what we can do as a people if we work together.

The Prime Minister added that this incident has taken the nation by shock and expressed profound grief over the loss of life.

1. JARVO
    March 21, 2017 at 11:33 pm Reply

Jah guide so unfortunate

2. 666
    March 22, 2017 at 12:12 am Reply

Perhaps it’s time that a divided people come together, and solve the common societal ills like we once did. We definitely have lost our way!

Condolences to the ones left behind, and safe passage home.

3. sharon terrell
    March 22, 2017 at 1:43 am Reply

ell i first have to say words is power.For the last couple of months i have watch my fellow St.lucians turn into monsters,liars,Hypocrites and very evil.I have to say.If you ask me unless St.lucians turn to and infront of mygreat OMNIPOTENT,and OMNIPRESENT GOD.There will be many more wraths.This day today is a day that change start.ST.LUCIANS.Turn to Jehoviah, Jesus,Allah,Emanuel,Adonai,Abraham,Elshdai,Eloheim,Kings of King,and Lords of all Lords he is KING.Evil cannot breath life if my GOD intervenes.Satan has power to,and his formular is BLOOD.It’s time to stop the Hypocrisy the lashing of teeth,the cutting on both sides of the knife.Why do the Heathen rage and the people imagine vain things.ST.LUCIA turn to the MAJESTIC one orthere will be many more weeping and wailing.God can stop evil and jesus to.But you have to throw away the material mind,the vile wicked mindless malicious,minds.God is clean he doesn’t live in the dark he is the light,clean leaving means God.So should i say my condolences go out to the family,and love ones and that type of shannanigance thing.I mean, God decides not me.

1. Igna Desir
      March 22, 2017 at 12:07 pm Reply

Sharon now is not the nonsense that you are spewing, now is the time for prayers for the loved ones of the deceased and for the injured, do not use the name of the almighty in your ugly and nasty insinuations.

4. Terence Joseph
    March 22, 2017 at 8:12 am Reply

My condolences to those families that lost their love once. I pray that God peace rest upon the families and may he strengthen them. I pray daily for our lovely island, may the hands of God be over the Country and the people. The lord is doing something great in the land he healing economically and spiritually.

5. N. Francis
    March 22, 2017 at 8:27 am Reply

My prayers and condolences to the family and friends. RIP to the deceased. Speedy recovery to the injured.
    I’m on vacation here in St. Lucia for the 1st time. The people are awesome!! I am so very sorry for your loss.

6. Sad-But-True
    March 22, 2017 at 8:43 am Reply

We need you to go away, so our once blessed Island can thrive and be at peace.
    Jump off a Cliff!

March 22, 2017 at 10:17 am Reply

In time of crisis on such a magnitude like this in St. Lucia, my Dear Islanders, it is time for all of us to unite in prayer rather than be divided through anger and bitterness. This crisis should be used as a conduit to jump-start civil conversation about lessons that can be learnt from this crisis and plan of actions, work environment protocols, policy and procedures, standard of working procedures that can be established by the government if we should ever encounter another crisis on a massive scale again.
    Let’s not waste this opportunity in using this social platform for rhetoric, but rather use it, “As a meeting of the mind,” which is a legal term for consensus.
    I would like to express my attitude of gratitude to all the First Responders –
    (Policemen, EMT Workers; Doctors, Nurses and All Volunteers, and also our Neighboring Island – Martinique) who participated in love, selflessly and service oriented for such a time like these.
    Let’s move forward in a positive way through the eyes and heart of God’s Love.

Mrs. J.G. from Orlando Florida.