RG Group of Companies statement on explosion

RG Group of Companies statement on explosion

Press Release:-We at the RG group of companies are overwhelmed by the loss of our family and team members. The loss of life suffered is immeasurable. We stand in support of all of the grieving families and staff who work directly with those who lost their lives.

The incident resulted in fatalities and in injuries necessitating immediate emergency response services whereby all injured persons were quickly dispatched to the hospital for medical treatment

At this stage we give our unwavering support and cooperation to the investigators as they assist and support us in finding out the cause of this unfortunate accident. Our main interest at the moment is attending to and working with the families of the deceased and injured and further mourning with the nation for the loss of valued souls.

Our thanks and appreciation go out to the Government of Saint Lucia in particular Prime Minister Hon. Allen Chastanet and Hon. Guy Joseph who were present at on site and at the hospital. We further extent special thanks to NEMO, Saint Lucia red cross, Saint Lucia fire service, the nurses and doctors of Victoria Hospital and Tapion hospital, all levels of the police hierarchy and RG Group team members for their swift response and attention.

Investigations are ongoing in this matter.

Thank you.

1. Sad-But-True
    March 22, 2017 at 1:10 pm Reply

My stomach did empty its contents after my eyes fell on Evil Chastanet and the laughing Injun.
    Just disgusting!

1. SMH
      March 22, 2017 at 1:27 pm Reply

At this time, I believe if we have nothing good to say just keep our negative comments to ourselves.

1. Sexyluv
        March 22, 2017 at 1:51 pm Reply

And I concur. It’s sickening reading so much negativity.

March 22, 2017 at 1:33 pm Reply

HUSH!!! Stoopid fool!

3. james
      March 22, 2017 at 1:48 pm Reply

why such an ignorant comment. Whoever you are, you are everything that is wrong with Saint lucia

1. Concerned
        March 22, 2017 at 7:22 pm Reply

I agree with your comment 100%. That fool is everything wrong with slu

March 22, 2017 at 1:52 pm Reply

You are such a tramp….I know who you are – space tooth idiot

March 23, 2017 at 7:21 am Reply

cause she knows what she loose…and what she has gained

March 22, 2017 at 3:04 pm Reply

You disgust me

March 22, 2017 at 3:07 pm Reply

Everyday u day the same thing. Everything on here u mention chastenet name. I am a strong supporter of the SLP maybe even stronger than u. When u make statements like this especially at such a time it reflects on every SLP supporter. This is no the time for this a tragedy has just occured. I’m rather disappointed in u sad but true. Neither chastenet nor Kenny were responsible for what happened so stop making fools of yourselves

March 22, 2017 at 7:02 pm Reply

Really wow so is it the pm fault .
      Small minded ppl.

March 22, 2017 at 1:23 pm Reply

This is not about politics. A nation has been plunged into mourning after this tragic incident yesterday and all I am reading and hearing is about Allen chastanet and his cabinet members. How about sincere condolences to the family and colleagues. Let Allen and his ppl do what they need too but let’s not move focus with the issue at hand. On another note: profound condolences to st.lucia, families of the deceased and injured, CIE employees and management. It’s unfortunate we have to bear witness to such tragedy, most times u read this from other countries but now it has hit home we have to handle with kids gloves. Let’s stop being insensitive and respect one another.

3. Johny juliano
    March 22, 2017 at 1:24 pm Reply

Shut the fxck up

4. Smarteyes
    March 22, 2017 at 1:26 pm Reply

Sad but true you are a failure and you are hating everyone for your failer my condolences goes to all the victims and their families who got hurt or dead at the rayneau construction site you will be in my prayers

March 22, 2017 at 1:29 pm Reply

I just can’t believe some people SMH at Sad-But-True

March 22, 2017 at 2:00 pm Reply

Do you realise that you all are empowering this individual by even making a comment when he,she or it makes a comment. Just ignore. That works everytime. Nonexistent. That’s how you all should treat the posts.

March 23, 2017 at 3:41 pm Reply

ikr

6. RodneyG
    March 22, 2017 at 1:44 pm Reply

My condolences to all the families and friends

March 22, 2017 at 1:49 pm Reply

Sad-but-True is just “kicksing” off just for fun. Just ignore this foolish contributor and let us prepare to give him or her a free registration in the Carnival Band Just For Fun. All like now so, Sad-but-True must be laughing a kind of vicious laugh at all of us who take him or her on. So let us no longer comment on remarks made by SNO’s trashiest contributor.

1. Sexyluv
      March 22, 2017 at 1:54 pm Reply

Lol atlast someone said it. I often wondered why one would waste their time engaging him/her…

8. sharon terrell
    March 22, 2017 at 1:55 pm Reply

SAD BUT TRUE,evil Chastanet doing his job,Kenny leather face Anthony in front of Allan Chastanet, he was there first so he must know and all the other children of the cornfields.Guy Joseph still in his dreams Lol,Kenny see dead people in his dreams.He better pay the Haitians their money.That voodoo man.Who listening to your lies,whats your real name,SAD BUT TRUE.Is it LORNE.

9. ..
    March 22, 2017 at 2:01 pm Reply

My eyes fill with tears for the persons and families involved in the horrific incident. Stay strong everyone. Precaution is better than cure that’s the saying. I hope in the future better safety procedures are put in place. Please business places put procedures in place before families are sent in mourning.

10. So Sad
    March 22, 2017 at 2:36 pm Reply

Sharon the same thing you accusing sad-but true of, you doing the same by bring KDA in this, we are St. Lucians and a tragedy has occurred, please let us leave the bad mouthing and politics out and pray for the families that are hurting now. OMG people, we are being read all over the world, stop showing our bad manners and heartlessness

March 24, 2017 at 7:20 am Reply

Great comment

March 22, 2017 at 2:42 pm Reply

God has a way of taking care of ppl….this is the same company that treat their workers badly…dont pay over time …do pay vacation and telling them go to labour department ..threatening them make them believe u have links and there is nothing they can do….everytime u were call to labour department its a NO show….i hope a law suit will serve u to compensate for all the people that work in your company and u never compensate them …. god always do things atcthe right time….my condolences to the affected famalies.

12. Sad-But-True
    March 22, 2017 at 2:53 pm Reply

Evil Chastanet has no vision. He can’t come up with one idea of his own. His ideas are the rejects of us SLP.
    If it weren’t for his father, he would be on the streets like a begging Hippie.

March 23, 2017 at 7:25 am Reply

wait your turn, see who will end up on the street,, anyways that where he took you from….. leave the damn man alone. Let the country be at peace in this difficult time!

March 23, 2017 at 8:53 am Reply

So WTF does that Hv to do with the Ppl who lost their lives or are injured. Urll need to no when to speak. Smh

3. Pamalay
      March 23, 2017 at 9:58 am Reply

Sad but true majienoir u calling chastnet evil but you more evil…because everything for you is evil why don’t drink some squeezy

March 22, 2017 at 2:59 pm Reply

We need to put politics on a back burner right now. what’s wrong with you people you mean that’s what it has come to politics and politicians have taken out ability to feel? Smh our fellow Lucians are hurting please let’s just pay our respects pray for strenth for them in their time of pain. imagine urself in this situation I did and I broke down. My heart heart goes out to these ppl who lost loved ones and I pray God touches the injured.

14. Honest
    March 22, 2017 at 3:22 pm Reply

Maybe if u ignore him he will go away. His pleasure is ur response. My condolences to the family of the lost and injured staff of RG CIE I’m am also sorry for your loss of staff and property RG Group.

March 22, 2017 at 3:28 pm Reply

My concern with all of this ( international federal law and regulations pertaining to the storage of blasting material i.e. Dynamite was not followed at all.. these laws and regulations apply in country. There are standards that regulate the storage and procedures for transporting and handeling of such apparatus. And all of the laws were broken in this case. They should now have been in possession of the material without armed and licensed and qualified handelers present.. also storing these items in a regular shipping container is against international law and regulation for the storage and handeling of and blasting or explosive apparatus… my question stands… what’s next ?

1. Bcharmz
      March 23, 2017 at 3:35 pm Reply

Thank you for mentioning the obvious. The focus should be on the investigation of what laws and corners were cut to cause this tragedy. The victims families deserve an explanation and compensation. And this company should be sanctioned and shut down until the investigation is over.

March 22, 2017 at 3:30 pm Reply

There’s no difference between Sad-But-True and Sharon Terell as far as I see.

17. reason
    March 22, 2017 at 4:23 pm Reply

Mem bet men pwel condolences going out to da family’s

18. Lady B
    March 22, 2017 at 5:01 pm Reply

Everything is political in St lucia
    In that kind of tredgy lives were lost
    People are suffering
    And yet still some people can talk so much rubbish
    I believe if we can’t say good keep quite
    My heart goes out to the families

19. min mel
    March 22, 2017 at 5:19 pm Reply

Condolences to the families of the deceases nd I pray healing on those at the hospital be strong.

20. MM
    March 22, 2017 at 5:20 pm Reply

My heartfelt condolences to all who have been affected by this tragedy. My prayers are with everyone one of you. Nay God comfort you in such a time as this.

21. MM
    March 22, 2017 at 5:21 pm Reply

My heartfelt condolences to all who have been affected by this tragedy. My prayers are with everyone one of you. May God comfort you in such a time as this.

March 22, 2017 at 7:25 pm Reply

God remains in control… guidance all

23. coolguy
    March 22, 2017 at 7:45 pm Reply

This stupid fool always have a negative comments, I’m a SLP supporter as well and this is not the time for politics like it or not Allen chastanet is our prime minister,so stop this bad comments you have on Allen chastanet and sympathize with the grieving families, OK I know who you are stop it (Words deleted)

24. In Pain
    March 22, 2017 at 9:16 pm Reply

My condolences to all affected. It is painful. My prayers are with you and remember, God never gives us more than we can handle …… even at this time when it seems unfathomable, unreal, unbelievable and we may be asking WHY WHY WHY

March 22, 2017 at 9:21 pm Reply

My sincere condolences to all the familes affected by this terrible tragedy.

1. WITNESS
      March 22, 2017 at 10:18 pm Reply

Time will tell……..

26. Worried mind
    March 22, 2017 at 9:48 pm Reply

We focus on tourism, … Lord forbid if this were a plane crash with 150 person, how prepared are we as an island. Our national hospital is closed, I want it opened, screw DHS, and all the other senseless projects, let’s take care of home…We need proper medical facilities, better nic coverage…, Thats what I voted​ for. Enough with petty politics. Move the focus on tourism…Back to fair Helen. Rip to all the lost souls…This was an unfortunate, tragic accident. My heart aches. I’m broken…I’m scared…End of times. Let’s pray, as a nation.
    (Words deleted)

1. Teacher say..
      March 23, 2017 at 8:59 am Reply

I agree with and support this sentiment. There should be no other projects more important than finishing St. Jude’s and upgrading our ability to provide proper medical care to our citizens and visitors

27. Apple
    March 22, 2017 at 11:13 pm Reply

My condolences to the families of the deceased,,,may the good Lord stretches his mighty healing hands upon the ones in hospital,,and give the families the strength,,,Lord heals all of the wounds amen ,and amen ..people we all got families let pray for the victims families, and put all natives problems a side let’s support the families and viteams by praying for them ,,,

28. Pamalay
    March 23, 2017 at 9:59 am Reply

I think the administrator must block all negative comments

29. Lissa
    March 23, 2017 at 10:29 am Reply

My condolences to the family and friends of those who lost their lives. Please provide counselling to those who witnessed the events, or who saw what happened to their co workers. Even the first responders I believe should get some form of counselling. I cringe at the recalling of the events. Far less for those who saw first hand. Please somebody take care of them. Thank you.