Minibus destroyed in mystery blaze

Minibus destroyed in mystery blaze

A mini bus was destroyed in a mystery blaze on Wednesday at Active Hill, La Clery.

The owner of the vehicle, Norman Butcher, told the Times that the minibus was parked for almost the entire day.

He recalled leaving with the vehicle at about 6.pm to transport some people to a religious Crusade at Bois D’Orange and returning to park it at Active Hill at around 10 pm after the event was over.

Butcher said at around 4.am on Thursday morning, a neighbour visited his home to tell him that the vehicle was on fire.

(Norman Butcher)

He disclosed that the Saint Lucia Fire Service was summoned, but could not save the minibus that was engulfed by flames.

“What I find strange is that  since the vehicle was not in motion – it was parked basically for the whole night, I find it was a strange thing for it to just catch fire,” Butcher explained.

However he told the Times that he saw no suspicious individuals nor did his neighbours.

Butcher said as a result, he wants to judge no one because he has no evidence.

“It has affected me in the sense that it is my means of livelihood, but mentally I am stable because I strongly believe that material things can be taken away in the twinkling of an eye and I do not put my total trust in material things,” he told the Times.

Butcher explained that he has great faith in his God and believes that God will sustain him.

The minibus, while insured, did not have comprehensive coverage.

April 7, 2017 at 3:18 pm Reply

Poor minibus..rust in peace..my deepest condolence to the owner. God will bless you with another and better on. Thanks god you are safe..be strong my brother

April 7, 2017 at 4:29 pm Reply

D

3. fpjean
    April 7, 2017 at 4:34 pm Reply

God is always able bad things always happen to good people the devil knows this vehicle was used to save souls so he destroyed it But trust me God will supply all of your needs tht is his promise to those who trust him and i are one of those be blessed in Jesus christ

1. *Rollseyes
      April 7, 2017 at 4:45 pm Reply

Apparently God cannot help you with your English.

April 8, 2017 at 7:55 am Reply

Lol😂😂😂oml

April 7, 2017 at 5:24 pm Reply

Rollseyes can’t you see that those are typographical errors.
    And by the way God can do anything cause he is God all by himself….. God bless you

Sorry to hear that brother Butch.
    You are causing troble in the devils kingdom that’s why he is angry, keep on doing the lords work. We need men like you who will stand amidst trial though the heavens fall. Stay true like Job.

April 7, 2017 at 7:10 pm Reply

Sorry to hear bro. The devil is mad! Continue to do the good work you are doing.

6. Student
    April 8, 2017 at 5:16 am Reply

Such an amazing bus driver. Highly respectable man. Our love goes out to you sir, from the students of v.b.s.s. ….He has trasported us for almost every event and when he says no music today think about yourself he means it. All the best keep ur trust in God.

April 8, 2017 at 9:57 am Reply

One of my best science teacher’s ever . Big up….Jah must bless you..

8. Society
    April 8, 2017 at 9:57 am Reply

One of my best science teacher’s ever . Big up….Jah must bless you..

April 8, 2017 at 1:48 pm Reply

God will provide; God will give u a new buss

April 8, 2017 at 8:51 pm Reply

Mr Butcher, the almighty God and his amazing grace will never live u nor forsake u.. Pray. Pray…. Your conscience is clean. The guilty one is in deep pain. The Devil don’t like happiness. Stay calm God is im control.