The St. Lucia National Youth Council (NYC) wishes to advise the general public that deadlines for all nominations is 17th April, 2017.
A special open forum will be held for all interested individuals on Thursday 13th April at the Anglican Infant School from 5:30pm to 6:45pm.
This is a final opportunity for any young person between the ages 18-35 years to obtain clarification all necessary information on how to be nominated for the seven member executive of the NYC. This is also an opportunity to receive updates on the NYC’s General Assembly and Election process.
Young persons with an interest are encouraged to put themselves and not shy away due to any doubt of being able to serve.
Members of the Elections Committee will be available to assist as well as to accept any completed nominations.
Below is the timeline schedule leading up to the General Assembly slated for 27th May, 2017.
|Tuesday January 24th , 2017||Opening of nominations and Press Conference|
|Monday April 17th , 2017 at 11:59pm||Closure of period for submitting Nominations|
|Thursday, April 27th, 2017||Notification and presentation of candidates (Press Conference) + Opening of campaigning|
|Formal Introduction and Presentations of Candidates|
|Saturday, May 6th, 2017||Public presidential debates|
|Friday, May 12th, 2017||Deadline for submission of delegates List|
|Saturday, May 27th, 2017||General assembly & elections|
|Formal Announcement of Election Results|
|Oath of Office/ Installation Ceremony|
- Nominations are available via https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4JbezAm4r9ZcVd6d1I1UTNWWmc/view?usp=sharing
- Nominations can be submitted electronically to address: [email protected]
Nominations can also be hand delivered to the following addresses:
- Ministry of Tourism, 3rd Floor, Sir Stanislaus James Bldg., Waterfront- C/O Mr. Timothy Ferdinand
- Gros Islet Police Station c/o Mr. Zachary Hippolyte
- Late nominations will not be considered (failure to meet deadlines is an early indication of ineligibility for national office)
- For those who missed the televised press conference a recording is available via the following link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yVq4GBWO_M