Forest Springs bottled water recalled

Forest Springs bottled water recalled

Forest Springs bottled water is being jointly recalled by the Saint Lucia Bureau of Standards (SLBS) and Forest Springs Ltd, due to concerns about possible contamination of the 1.5 litre size bottle of that product.

In a statement today, the SLBS said that as a precaution the recall affects all Forest Springs Water which carries the best before date codes of 31927/04/18.

The bureau has advised customers not to consume the affected products bearing the codes.

“Forest Springs is cooperating fully with the SLBS in resolving all concerns relating to this matter,” the SLBS statement said.

It disclosed that the company has instructed all outlets which carry the brand to remove the affected batch of water from their shelves as of Friday April 21st 2017.

Distribution of new batches of the bottled water has ceased until full inspection and certification by the Saint Lucia Bureau of Standards.

“A preliminary investigation suggests a mechanical failure as the cause of the  possible contamination of the water.  The company is working with the SLBS to determine the definitive cause of the problem,” the SLBS explained.

It said that following this, immediate action will be taken to prevent a recurrence.

“Once the SLBS’s assessment process is complete a full statement will be released to the public on the status of the company’s bottled water products,” the statement said.

1. Blessings.
    April 21, 2017 at 3:27 pm Reply

I must commend Forest Springs for taking this initiative to recall, thus by putting consumers first. Not often do you hear of a recall on local products. Well done.

April 21, 2017 at 3:49 pm Reply

I must say that am so surprised to hear of that recall,this is the first time to me, i hear of a recall in st Lucia to this company hats off because you are a concern company towards your people’s health you did not think of lossing funds but instead avoided people from getting sick, and to make me more happy about that recall i buy forest spring water only bravo forest springs company. Job well done.

April 21, 2017 at 3:51 pm Reply

I trust your water now ,will continue buying.j

April 21, 2017 at 4:06 pm Reply

For now I say precaution is better than cure

April 21, 2017 at 4:17 pm Reply

Yea, a recall is a good thing if I am to read into the comments above. However, a recall is also a bad thing. It indicates that something went wrong and that somebody dropped the ball. So now I ask myself, for how long has this problem existed? Has this problem occurred before and went unnoticed? What exactly is this contamination we are speaking about? What is in place for anyone who has consumed that water? Did the company follow all the standard procedures that could have avoided such an incident?

It cannot just be bravo on the recall so I trust only to consume your water henceforth. It is what did you do wrong or what did you not do. How did you allow such to happen? What mechanisms are you now employing to fix it and what guarantees I have that it will always work.

Everyone can see through these Forest Springs so called “Anonymous” damage control comments above.

April 21, 2017 at 4:25 pm Reply

Well said. Quite true. I agree with what you said

1. mr ripper
        April 22, 2017 at 12:04 pm Reply

Comment:shut up and learn to uplift our brothers and sisters when good is being done.

April 21, 2017 at 4:31 pm Reply

Things do go wrong! You should be more concerned that such a recall has never before been publicized esp. since we have so many locally made products ( not just food), some have safety flaws as well.

1. browning
        April 21, 2017 at 5:02 pm Reply

Agreed. Chemico bleach needs to be recalled- this thing ( for as long as i know) always spills- atleast get the cap right. So many clothes have I ruined- plus bleach is a harmful substance so this is a health hazard.

1. The Advocate
          April 25, 2017 at 8:48 am Reply

I guess u have not bought chemical in a while. The last one I bought has a child proof cap. Hmm… Maybe the size I bought, don’t know.

2. Projechic
        April 21, 2017 at 10:16 pm Reply

Agreed something does not seem right

3. SLU
      April 21, 2017 at 4:35 pm Reply

These things happen even to major companies in the US and all over.. So do not lean on the assumption that it is a local thing. The good thing about it, is that they saw their mistake and is rectifying it as soon as possible. Just recently popular corned beef, had to be recalled..

4. Jonie
      April 21, 2017 at 4:58 pm Reply

You sound like a bitter compettitor

April 21, 2017 at 6:13 pm Reply

A bitter competitor? Do you guys even listen to yourselves? Forest Springs is a drop in Saint Lucia’s water bucket. Blue Waters dominates the market and have even bought out local companies. Then even Crystal Clear and H2O have larger market shares than Forest Springs.So what is there to be bitter about?

I am concerned that this whole episode does not become masked in a round applause for doing the right thing after the fact. There needs to be transparency and full disclosure of you want to build trust again. Why must everything seem personal. Petty much!

April 21, 2017 at 7:10 pm Reply

You actually do sound like a bitter competitor… Blue waters is that you?

April 21, 2017 at 4:32 pm Reply

I totally agree. What advice was given to consumers who may have consumed this water? We have no idea of the type of possible contamination.

7. sharon terrell
    April 21, 2017 at 4:44 pm Reply

Recall..the other day was cornbeef now is Foresy Springs LTD water.These people trying to wipe out lives.Why you’ll dont release mother nature water from pipes and dams.I use to get my water in Rivers and Streams and from the Falls and the vallies now i have to worry about contaminated,man made machine contaminating my drinking waters.So how many people already drink that water You’ll must inspect you’ll machines at all times this is being wreckless with people lives.

April 22, 2017 at 9:51 am Reply

V trust me I am afraid of all of them it just about the mne

8. Jonie
    April 21, 2017 at 5:00 pm Reply

Go back to your ravine drinking days.

9. Sparkles
    April 21, 2017 at 5:17 pm Reply

Great job forest spring however u need to inform persons who have drank the product as to what measures to take. Do they consult a doctor? What should be done

10. 😁
    April 21, 2017 at 5:18 pm Reply

and i will continue to enjoy tap water yup…

1. Bellicose
      April 21, 2017 at 6:37 pm Reply

Yes along as it is boiled…..the other day I had very tiny worms in an icecube. And last week the water was brown

April 21, 2017 at 6:14 pm Reply

What was it contaminated with? The public needs to know

April 21, 2017 at 6:18 pm Reply

So st Lucians don’t need to know what the water is contaminated with? Still no info is shit info. I hope it is not contaminated with human waste. We need to worry about all the bottled water on island. Filter on the tap water. Safest bet.

13. Janice
    April 21, 2017 at 7:17 pm Reply

And as opposed to coming clean with the public and calming their fears, company representatives are all over social media bullying those who express concern. This strategy will surely backfire.

April 21, 2017 at 11:05 pm Reply

Wat do u do if u have already consumed the water.im just reading this and drank a whole bottle today.

15. Calvin
    April 22, 2017 at 12:41 am Reply

Where there are products mass produced, aberrations will occur.

It doesn’t matter the product or where in the world it is produced.

Hats off to the producer for, simply stated, doing the right thing.

It will pay many, many times over with respect to public trust, one of the few things that money cannot purchase! (read the Tylenol business case studies)

Bravo.

April 22, 2017 at 9:10 am Reply

Verygood forest spring , you’re being honest and yes it has raised many questions . seem your honesty will even make you loose a few customers but honesty is the best policy. You will continue to prosper

17. Keep Calm
    April 22, 2017 at 7:42 pm Reply

I have to say bravo to SLBS for a job well done.. Being optimistic, and giving the benefit of the doubt, i’d say that the PR could have been more informative as one should know that people would be interested in what’s to happen if the water is consumed. I think other wise the did provide a warning and a reason. I think also, to answer the question on mitigating factors, the article did indicate that SLBS has to continue assessing the issue in order to pass them so that they can continue production.
    We can wait for these headlines or we can poke for these answers. Either way, I see no reason hostility or panic at this point.

18. Stan
    May 7, 2017 at 7:39 pm Reply

I find this move brave and admirable. I pray that the company will be able to bounce back from this loss. Thanks for putting us the customers first. Continue working towards an even better product and that entails nipping the problem at the bud. (at the factory)
    Because of this recall i am trusting that Forest Springs will always look out for me as a consumer.
    God bless