Minister responds to electronic hacking claims

Minister responds to electronic hacking claims

National Security Minister, Hermangild Francis, has been responding to electronic hacking claims and the existence of a list of so called enemies of the state, which was put together by the government.

He told reporters that although he did not hear it himself, it was brought to his attention that his brother, Talk Show Host – Claudius Francis, had indicated that the government has put together such a list of some twenty-one persons.

“I was told that he went further to state that a foreign country has been given names so that telephone conversations can be monitored,” the minister said.

Francis presented a copy of a document which he said was from the online website Caribbean News Now.

The minister read from the document which quoted sources here and spoke of contacts with foreign intelligence services separately confirming attempts by him and the cabinet of ministers to suppress criticism and dissent reaching new levels.

Francis quoted the document as referring to interception requests reportedly being made to collaborators in Hong Kong and Canada for assistance in hacking the electronic communications of individuals deemed to be enemies of the state.

“I want to categorically state that this is false,” the National Security Minister declared.

He said as minister with responsibility for National Security and Justice, he would have been integrally involved in such a matter.

“I have never been involved in it and I want to state categorically that this is a falsehood,” Francis asserted.

The minister also had a message for his brother – Claudius Francis.

“If he has credible information he should contact my office and the matter will be investigated. If he does not have, then I am requesting that he makes an apology and shut up on that topic,” the minister said.

1. 666
    April 25, 2017 at 4:32 pm Reply

Mi roro wee!

2. Amie dodo
    April 25, 2017 at 6:04 pm Reply

O Claudius common u all are brothers fere,be each others keeper and stop allowing politics to come between u all ur own flesh and blood,

April 25, 2017 at 6:17 pm Reply

Claudius need to tell us who are the people SLP had on their list listening to their telephone conversation with the help of two noxious police officers. Then he can talk about this. soup for the goose is soup for the Gander

1. Mike
      April 26, 2017 at 7:40 am Reply

You are so correct. One of the policemen is now retired. Kenny was one step from being Maduro. On another note…. Wasn’t Claudius critical of those ‘yo dee’ articles online and threatened to sue Tim when he read one out from the exact same source.

April 27, 2017 at 6:26 am Reply

They still have those scanners listening to perhaps even govt ministers . Claudius not commenting on this one. The nastiness they practiced will come back to hunt them.

April 25, 2017 at 6:52 pm Reply

As far as I know Claudius said he was Quoting from the Antigua Observer. Has anybody checked if that is True. If it is so then the minister should go after the source of the story, if not, then my pardner should listen to his big brother.

April 26, 2017 at 6:30 pm Reply

you mean just like Claudius and Lorne should have gone after the original source and not Tim when a story published read that they were rapists. Oh wow, exact same scenario but oh well. We should trust the article. It is always correct is it.

April 29, 2017 at 6:40 pm Reply

The blood the blood of Jesus. I come against anything that is not of God I rebuke it in the name of the Lord, I declared and decree in the name of Jesus it is now done,be encourage and remember Jesus Christ is lord. I love the Lord, I love the Lord and Iiiiii Love you too.,Amen

1. Pastor Aristide