Marchand youth killed by gunmen on scooter

Marchand youth killed by gunmen on scooter

St Lucia Police have confirmed that the young man who was killed at Marchand on Sunday was shot by two men riding on a scooter.

The shooting occurred around 10:55AM on the Black Mallet Bridge.

Police say 23 year old Kimbert Lynch of Black Mallet, Castries was sitting on the railing of the bridge when he was approached by the shooters.

The two men engaged Lynch in conversation before discharging two rounds in his direction, striking him in the left chest area and left thigh, according to Police Spokesman, ASP Gregory Alexander.

The victim’s uncle – Evitus Lynch – said he was inside his home when he heard the gunshots and later saw his nephew running toward his house.

“When I came outside, I saw it was my nephew. He tell me uncle they shoot me, they shoot me,” Lynch said.

Kimbert Lynch asked his uncle to get him a ride to the hospital before he collapsed to the ground, struggling to breathe, the uncle added.

He was transported to Victoria Hospital via ambulance. Relatives say he died in the Operating Room.

Mr. Lynch said he could not explain why anyone would want his nephew dead but stated that Kimbert previously spent a week in hospital after he was stabbed by a group of men.

This is the 22nd homicide recorded in St Lucia so far this year.

Police say their investigations into this matter are continuing.

May 15, 2017 at 2:45 pm Reply

No comment.

May 15, 2017 at 3:36 pm Reply

Wow that so sad hw Helen gave tears in her eyes and cold in her 👃 these days.
    Lord guide my love one’s families, friends and fremenies.
    Father God cover them all under the blood of ur son.
    Lord guide them always.😢😨

3. Joan David
    May 15, 2017 at 3:38 pm Reply

Oh Lord so sad, another young man

May 15, 2017 at 4:19 pm Reply

He was a wonderful youth I may say he life was taken away from him it hurts me to see he is gone. Rip ladder.

5. CJ
    May 15, 2017 at 4:26 pm Reply

Rest in Peace young man….I pray the lord will give your family the strength to get through this…. Remember you from compre school days sigh

May 15, 2017 at 6:28 pm Reply

Sadly another one who didn’t see it fit to give his life to God yet…….though Jesus was offered to you Imbert, u felt this was da life u rather lived….sad

May 15, 2017 at 9:06 pm Reply

Did u know the young mans life style, stop judging ppl ,freaking hypocrite!!! Whether u give your life to god or not u dont know how u will leave this plane of existence

May 15, 2017 at 7:09 pm Reply

Sad

May 15, 2017 at 7:10 pm Reply

And no one sour the scooter ohhh I forget if the police could have kept there mouth shut ???????.

9. Vibz
    May 15, 2017 at 7:16 pm Reply

Deepest condolences to relatives and friends of the deceased. There is a dire need for a national address by the PM to help to quell the disquiet these senseless murders are having on the populace. Seems like the young black man is fast becoming an endangered species St. Lucia.

10. victim of theft
    May 15, 2017 at 7:24 pm Reply

Well the other one that should have died, stealing people things they worked hard for while you living life like a king, you get what you look for.

May 15, 2017 at 7:28 pm Reply

Oh god people youall killing me with youall rediculas comments SHUT up already

May 15, 2017 at 8:37 pm Reply

Show me your hair and I will tell you what type of person you are. Show me your leaves and I will tell you what fruits you Bear. What ever you do will surly stays with you. When you play bad and think you’re the baddest there’s someone better than you .you are your own remote.. you chooses your life style… So people shouldn’t make big noise about his fate he was the one who chooses his life style.

May 15, 2017 at 9:27 pm Reply

My people I know this Young man he is not a trouble maker he never kill a fly he is a respectful. Young man no one in the area could say he is disrespectful them he gets trouble because of his friends if he walking with one that in trouble with another they target him too .He got stab sometime ago laying on a piece of wall.4 of them attack him he got stab God protect him he servive Then he got hit by a car on his bicycle hospitalized again.many times he got targeted and never hit back but not mind him he is a very smart boy.he know what he wanted in life and how he would plan to achieve it.yes our kids are very stubborn they don’t listen but he was a cool kid. May his soul rest in peace.

14. DIZZY
    May 15, 2017 at 11:06 pm Reply

Hmm…shooters getting skilled..I mean to be on a moving scooter…..engage in convo…….fire 2 rounds……get 2 hits…….its like they’ve been to the range practicing while riding scooters bikes and bicycles. R.I.P. young man. And let this be a lesson to the living……STAY OUT OF TROUBLE.

15. Trusting God always
    May 16, 2017 at 11:18 am Reply

Please God we need you more than ever in St.Lucia. Now what is Mary saying. Its not the Police Mary. Its because of people like you that the police are not motivated to do their jobs. They are fearful of going after the criminals because if the are threaten and use their guys and the bad guys die then only then will you be singing Mary. I dont blame the officers for going out of the way and put their lives on the lines. Officers are human with families just like all St.Lucians. God forbid me for saying this but wonder what song mary would be singing if it was his son, his brother or nephew that was in the place of this young man.
    Please my brothers and my sisters let us continue to pray for peace and may we be our brothers keeper always. To the family of this young man I feel your pain. May God give you the strength to see it through

16. jazzbo laba
    May 16, 2017 at 10:29 pm Reply

Oh. Mama Helen

17. linus thomas
    May 16, 2017 at 10:30 pm Reply

those young boys need to stop killing one anther
    when i was growing up in marchand we never have those thing.
    it is getting out of hand