SLP Political Leader Expresses Thanks

On behalf of the Executive and members of the Saint Lucia Labour Party I would like to thank the thousands of Saint Lucians who came out yesterday 17th May to protest and show their dissatisfaction and opposition to the UWP Government’s policy on the signed agreements for the proposed DSH project, the increase in fuel prices, the heartless treatment of NICE workers and the treatment of The National Trust.

Your presence in such large numbers is testimony to your courage and love of country and your wiliness to demonstrate in no uncertain terms your opposition to the practice of vindictiveness victimization and arrogance displayed by the UWP government.

As a Party we are grateful for your support and the courage you displayed. We promise to keep up the fight against the policies of this government that are detrimental to the economic and social well-being of our people and the generations to come.

As Political Leader of the Saint Lucia Labour Party, I wish to thank all those who assisted in making yesterday’s protest action a resounding success.

May 18, 2017 at 8:12 pm

Thanks for what? Helping to advance you and your parties political agenda?! I thought they were protesting for the good of the country for which it should your duty as a citizen! Politicians….smh.

May 18, 2017 at 8:17 pm

They never miss an opportunity too score political points!

May 18, 2017 at 8:56 pm

I believe we should put all political colours a side.
    I am a swing voter.I have no party or colour.
    I voted for Mr.Chastanent and trust me I eh supporting some of what he’s doing.
    I was dissatisfied with the then LABOUR PARTY so I matched.
    This time around I matching against the way that he treated me .
    I am a nice worker and it hurt me to see I have 5 kids .all at school.
    My house was really bad.water was pouring down like a strainer when it rained.
    I was able to get a loan to build a new plywood house and now I am home not working.Bills, the kids ,the loan……..
    It hurt me because I see me and all my family__sisters,brothers. voted for Mr.Chastanent.

May 19, 2017 at 8:26 am

Go find a job!!!!!! The nice program was only training and not a permanent job.

May 18, 2017 at 9:10 pm

Oh wow nice workers. The nice programs was meant not for you to have a permanent job to to help build your career so you should now have experience to find yourself a job. Stop depending on government. If you voted chastanet and labour won you would have been out of a job anyways. So tar tar

1. lynn
      May 19, 2017 at 4:38 pm

ikr

May 18, 2017 at 9:39 pm

Well done lucians I’m so proud of you