Mother of deceased infant speaks out

Mother of deceased infant speaks out

The mother of the baby girl who was found dead at home in the George Charles Boulevard has declared that she did not kill her child.

Melissa Lambert explained that upon returning home from an errand on Monday, she found that the door to her home was ‘tight’.

She disclosed that on entering the house, she found her baby dead.

“Everybody saying is me that kill my baby. I could never kill my baby, because if I had to kill my baby I kill my baby from in my belly,” Lambert said.

“Everybody saying what they want on Facebook but I don’t have time for that. I know what I know,” a tearful Lambert asserted.

Lambert said she suspects that a woman took the child’s life.

She vowed to take vengeance once she finds out who was responsible.

“I want my baby back.  The person have to pay,” she cried.

The mother said contrary to claims made on social media, she did not leave her eight-month old child at home in order to go gambling.

Lambert told reporters that she has proof that she went to buy groceries.

She disclosed that she had left the baby alone at home.

Lambert said the person who took her child’s life was obviously  aware when she left her baby to buy groceries because she had announced to everyone that she was leaving to get some things for the child.

She revealed that the child was discovered in her playpen with a brown lace tied twice around the neck.

“She  crawling. She cannot jump, she cannot walk – is lil steps she hold in the playpen to try and  help herself. Is somebody that kill my child,” Lambert stated.

The deceased child was the last of her five children.

Lambert said the other children were not around when she left the baby at home.

A statement from the police indicated that according to reports, Lambert, who is also known as “Ash”, left her home at the George Charles Boulevard  at around 5:30 p.m., Monday evening to run an errand at a nearby shop while leaving the baby asleep in her playpen.

The statement said when Lambert returned home at around 6:30 p.m. the baby was lying motionless in the playpen with a rope around her neck.

The playpen was also not in the original position, the police statement said.

According to the police, the baby was taken to Victoria Hospital and pronounced dead later that night.

A post mortem examination was carried out on Tuesday, 23rd May, 2017 which revealed the cause of death to be asphyxia secondary to ligature strangulation or hanging.

The baby’s death is the 24th homicide for the year.

May 24, 2017 at 3:08 pm Reply

Lady keep quiet and get a lawyer to advise you. I am afraid that if she continues to speak to the Press then she will be tried in the court of public opinion and will only get herself into hot water.

2. Sue
    May 24, 2017 at 3:10 pm Reply

Okay but why you left the baby in a play pen for 1 hr by herself again madame?

May 24, 2017 at 8:00 pm Reply

same thing im thinking an entire hour not five or ten minutes

3. Sad Woman
    May 24, 2017 at 3:12 pm Reply

I know that girl and I believe her. I will never forget the night she knock so hard on the door of a shop to get milk for her baby. Saying to me my lady please ask the man to open the shop for me please. She did not leave without the milk. Poor soul!!!

May 24, 2017 at 3:16 pm Reply

You were blessed with a NANNY.
    WE all have done it. Especially we single mothers.

May 24, 2017 at 5:04 pm Reply

So true!!!

2. blindspot
      May 24, 2017 at 6:06 pm Reply

That’s an ignorant statement to make.

May 24, 2017 at 3:20 pm Reply

This lady the system fail her

6. Oh really
    May 24, 2017 at 3:21 pm Reply

You left an 8month old “sleeping” in a playpen unsupervised for one hour…… INTERESTING. N im suppose to sympathise with you for what again? You know so much that you know is a woman who killed your baby. You must be a “Gardeh”. Smh. The public is upset at the fact that the family doesnt wish to show their faces in a supposedly “time of grief” so u try to combat their posts n justify yall “story” by posing n saying you did not kill your child. Hmph. Girl take two sits down please……..

1. ...
      May 24, 2017 at 4:33 pm Reply

The houses are so close that its like having anther room a few step away. In areas like this is is common to ask a neighbour to cast an eye. then again, it’s her word. We were born fortunate. this girl has been having kids from primary school

May 24, 2017 at 5:40 pm Reply

That a lie she was not at school when she had her fist kid

7. Lis
    May 24, 2017 at 3:24 pm Reply

Let God be the judge….you idiotic Lucians.

8. Skyy
    May 24, 2017 at 3:31 pm Reply

So sad. I don’t even know what to say . I was not there but how u know is a woman that kill your child, wow. That’s appalling to me. Why would you leave a baby for a whole hr unsupervised knowing that your door can’t lock. Lady you are wrong for that. We need to find who did this and make them pay. A dam baby , nahhh not freaking cool.

May 24, 2017 at 3:39 pm Reply

waiting for an ignorant lucian to blame the government

May 24, 2017 at 5:38 pm Reply

Chastanet fault… with the state of the economy even babies comiting suicide

May 25, 2017 at 7:44 pm Reply

Lmao

2. Blindspot
      May 24, 2017 at 7:06 pm Reply

And the cheese stands alone

10. Justinconcern
    May 24, 2017 at 3:40 pm Reply

plea guilty my girl the court will go easy on you, postpartum will cover you fortunately. I missed an important job interview because I had nobody to watch my one year old at the time, so if you were going just up the road to buy groceries why didn’t you take your child and at least you give the police a clue a woman that do it lol

11. Lulu
    May 24, 2017 at 3:45 pm Reply

Why tell everyone that you were leaving baby alone but couldn’t ask one of them to watch her while u were out.

May 24, 2017 at 3:45 pm Reply

U left a 8 month baby in a house by her self lady u must be crazy something worng I cannot do that so sad

May 24, 2017 at 3:49 pm Reply

It take a cold heartless person to kill a baby. Her story sounds better that her family own. I think she should be held resposible for leaving an infant home alone. I don’t feel sorry for her but for the baby and the horror she endured. Poor baby.. The person have to see this child face every second of their life and they take their own life. RIP little princess

14. Concerned
    May 24, 2017 at 3:50 pm Reply

But y leave the baby alone in a house for so long? Babies get up at any time. What if she threw up !!!!

May 24, 2017 at 4:03 pm Reply

People give her a break. Considering the close proximity of the houses…and the fact that she told everyone she was going to buy some things for her child don’t you think she mentioned to them that she was leaving so that they would cast an eye or attend to the child if she were to wake up?? Stop judging the young lady. Only those who have children and are alone with them know the difficulties they face when they have other things to do to care for them. We need to pray for her and stop with these nasty comments.

1. Jhoney
      May 24, 2017 at 4:24 pm Reply

I’m not one to judge but my motherly instincts tell me she’s speaking the truth, if the houses are close to each other mind you I’m not saying she’s right to leave the baby alone but maybe it’s a usual thing n other persons will cast an eye or a listening ear if the baby wakes. My concern though is if she know it’s a woman give the police the name n let them investigate her. Sad situation RIP baby girl

2. Consoled
      May 24, 2017 at 4:35 pm Reply

Thanks for that comment, either-or this is unfortunate, terrible and horrific, but not reason enough for a struggling woman who would go so far as to keep banging on a shop owner’s gate demanding service just to feed her kids would stoop to such a level as to strangle her kid with a rope (just doesn’t fit the M.O.) to endure such irresponsible comments and judgements as are being handed down to her. Jah know what happened and judgement is His. None of these most venomous commentators would donate 15mins of the 1hr of which she apparently left the child unsupervised to offer to keep an eye on the kid for her, like you said only those with children (and I add) who know the ‘sufferation’ of this cold, hard ‘world’ and how one must soldier on and do what they must… and to the lady herself ‘Hold on Mama, Hold on tight!’

May 29, 2017 at 9:08 am Reply

With that said no matter how poor you are, single parent or not it is her responsibility to care for her child that include keeping them safe. Obviously no one was looking out for that child because not one neighbor could say what happened. Dax is only a five minute walk from her if that long depends on your pace. She could of simply take her child with her. Don’t believe she did it but she should be held accountable for her negligence. Not only her but also the mom the left her babies to burn in the house.

3. tell it as it is
      May 24, 2017 at 6:21 pm Reply

Well Saïd….ppl need to stop n think smh

May 24, 2017 at 4:09 pm Reply

Some of us women don’t deserve to be mummys, for one hour. What the bom took you so long

17. Maria
    May 24, 2017 at 4:16 pm Reply

She can also tell everyone she is out via an allby

18. STANDING SOLDIER
    May 24, 2017 at 4:18 pm Reply

I DONT BELIEVE YOU KILLED YOUR CHILD BUT THE QUESTION IS WHY YOU LEFT FOR SO LONG. HOW FAR WAS THIS SHOP FOR IT TO HAVE TAKEN YOU AN HOUR TO RETURN HOME

May 24, 2017 at 4:18 pm Reply

How can you say it’s non she went and do , if it on its to fresher child how much did you give to her were you helping with her children affairs you all Lucians like to judge too dam much get real if you cannot say good don’t day bay idiots.

May 24, 2017 at 4:22 pm Reply

How can you say it’s bom she went and do , if it bom, its to feed her child how much did you give to her were you helping with her children affairs you all Lucians like to judge too dam much get real if you cannot say good don’t day bad idiots.

May 24, 2017 at 4:23 pm Reply

Most mother’s leave their child home alone already to run to the shop to get somethingfast.what she did is not strange.it may not be that she took an hour.she didn’t look at her time when she was leaving. And maybe she didn’t look at the time when she came back.she think she left at 530 and came back around 6.30

1. Hjg
      May 24, 2017 at 6:39 pm Reply

True

May 24, 2017 at 4:32 pm Reply

Woman you don’t know the words maybe or around 530 that’s if you watch your clock.you only look at the sun.

23. No BS
    May 24, 2017 at 4:32 pm Reply

Lady, you were wrong to leave this child unattended for so long. I understand a single parent with so many kids has alot of chores to do and its not easy.At the end of it all who are we to point fingers? God doesnt sleep. The person who is rightfully guilty will pay for it in due time.

May 24, 2017 at 4:36 pm Reply

Vengeance is the Lords

25. Concern
    May 24, 2017 at 4:38 pm Reply

Ash don’t worry with the people you know you didn’t kill your daughter all of us does do it run to the shop to get stuff although it’s bad to do
    I hope you find justice for your baby

May 24, 2017 at 5:52 pm Reply

Not all of us

May 24, 2017 at 4:39 pm Reply

wow this is really shocking. but really you should not have left her alone at all. it is horrifying that someone would take a life of an innocent baby. why? pray sweetie I really hope you get justice and where is the baby dad.

May 24, 2017 at 5:49 pm Reply

Not ur business

May 24, 2017 at 4:44 pm Reply

Lady, as a single parent with 5 kids, its no surprise the load u have on your back, the duties you have to carry are not easy. But leaving a baby unattended for so long was wrong. If you did that in the states you would be arrested and charged. Hey!!God does not sleep.We dont know who it was but He witnessed the whole thing and that person will pay in due time. Every tear that fall from your eyes, believe me, they arent falling in vain.

May 24, 2017 at 5:00 pm Reply

WHO WITHOUT SIN CAST THE FIRST STONE.
    IF A MOTHER HAVE TO KILL A BABY SHE WON’T WAIT TO GIVE BIRTH, WAIT FOR THE BABY TO REACH 9 MONTHS AND THEN KILL.
    I FEEL YOUR PAIN. AM SO SORRY.

May 24, 2017 at 5:07 pm Reply

Wow some of us Lucian’s are really quick to judge. She did say that the child was asleep,and she did say to the neighbors that she was going to get some stuff,y would u think is bom she went an have? Smh its jus sad whether u did a crime or not in this country u will never win with Lucian ppl even if u are deffending urself.

30. Andy
    May 24, 2017 at 5:18 pm Reply

I know that woman very well ,she has had a fair share of life stroglles and I can safely say that she did not killed that child, I hate to see young people. wen they a bad life and the stigma is attached to them people say things which probably is not truth, I can safely say that she would hurt her child .may God find the person who did that to that innocent child.

May 24, 2017 at 5:37 pm Reply

just leaving da baby unsupervised for an hr..automatically puts her in da wrong. get real ppl . We cant do such. She really need to stop all these interviews and get an attorney. this is damn serious

May 24, 2017 at 5:46 pm Reply

five kids, no fathers around, why the F#ck do you keep F#cking? Stop it already!

May 25, 2017 at 7:50 pm Reply

Lmao

May 24, 2017 at 5:55 pm Reply

If she told everyone she was leaving the child alone and the houses are so close why didn’t any of them see someone enter the house?

May 24, 2017 at 6:04 pm Reply

Leaving the baby was wrong and there is no justification for this…she could have taken the baby with her or aked someone to come sit with the baby while she ran the errand. Persons who said we all have done it, that is not a correct statement. I have never done it…if I cannot take the child or find someone to look after the child I stay with my child. I do not even leave my 13 year old at home alone. However it is a sad situation and I pray that whomever did this be caught and receive the necessary punishment. RIP angel

May 24, 2017 at 6:47 pm Reply

Ash girl …..wahhh …jah knows

36. Mel
    May 24, 2017 at 8:06 pm Reply

I no ash very well grow up with he in bakatel an she would never do something so I feel so sorry for what happened this is very sad the person god don’t sleep you will get what coming for you that a innocent child had all her life ahead of her an you cut it short hummm

37. Smhhh
    May 24, 2017 at 8:11 pm Reply

Come on….the baby was asleep she thought it would have been easier to leave her in her cradle instead of carrying the extra weight…she went to get groceries think of it

38. Mel
    May 24, 2017 at 8:11 pm Reply

Humm some people really dont know how hard it is to bring up 5kids as a single man she have to do it all poor girl god will get you through this

39. A child of God
    May 24, 2017 at 8:12 pm Reply

How can you live a baby for an hour to go get groceries from a nearby​ shop. I don’t live my 9 year old alone for anyone. What we can’t see the Lord sees. It’s jus sad that it was a baby. Praying that this don’t go too far.

40. UNBIAS
    May 24, 2017 at 8:17 pm Reply

I believe her story. I don’t think she would kill her baby I’m a manner like that…didn’t one of the reports say the rope, lace, string whatever it is was what was used to fasten the door?..my think is how did it get in the play pen…we’re the other kids around? We’re they playing with the rope with the baby ? Did they leave the rope in the play pen and unfortunately the baby got hold of it and inadvertently got strangled in the process?..we are too quick to condemn others…I am certainly not happy with her leaving the child unattended because she obviously is facing the consequences of that action…she deserves to be punished in that aspect…However, we need to understand her level of thinking at that time…was she overwhelmed with the stresses of minding five children…was she on her way to do whatever it takes to feed her children which didn’t require a baby being in that type of atmosphere…we don’t know…Needless to say, the damage has already been done..lesson for all of us who take chances like these to stop!

41. Anna-Nichole
    May 24, 2017 at 8:31 pm Reply

The lady said that she announced to everyone that she was leaving to get groceries for the child…. Maybe she thought someone would’ve taken a peek now and then😕 idk.. Because when my neighbor goes to the shop she always tells me she has a pot on the stove and I chk on it b4 the house burns. Well R.I.P, I hope the mom didn’t have anything to do with it, what happens in the dark must come out in the light.

May 24, 2017 at 8:51 pm Reply

Comment:what has st.lucians become to kill an innocent bad they hv reached they last straw u hear these things happen in the States,trinidad or Jamaica. I hv four kids my first two had not father figure with me but my parents were there I had my first younger never did tht thought cause bad things always went through my mind “what if” but who am I to judge the last two had daddy around I leaved in and upstairs an downstairs house and if I was alone would never leave them alone no even if they were asleep but guest what some ppl do it circumstances I still hv a neighbor young child tht does tht I speak to her every time abt tht she still does it until one day something might happen I hope she learns from tht but lady I’ll keep u in my prayers as the word is leav vengeance for me I’ll repay we all hv family and sometimes these acts falls in innocent ones lady every year u drop they will fell it

May 24, 2017 at 9:00 pm Reply

Mercy lord gracious father help her it can happen to anyone now that happen Lucian please take heed. So that won’t fall on us.plz don’t judge no one knows what went wrong how did it happen nobody knows watch out before the same string u used to measure for her will be used to measure for you also we are too quick to judge pray for her

May 24, 2017 at 9:32 pm Reply

i know her personally an she wil neva kill her child

45. Unknown
    May 24, 2017 at 10:30 pm Reply

My girl if u say is a lady that kill ur child where the facts and if u say is a lady maybe I kill the child and go in the shop after

May 24, 2017 at 10:31 pm Reply

Where are the FATHERS with all these kids not one of them fess-up and take responsibility for their manhood. The woman have to struggle alone so did not conceive them by herself……. daaaaah

47. Just saying
    May 24, 2017 at 10:31 pm Reply

I think this girl knows more than she’s saying but I hope u say it all in court.

48. Unknown
    May 24, 2017 at 10:31 pm Reply

I want to say maybe you that kill the child and go in the shop

May 24, 2017 at 11:08 pm Reply

I dont believe that this mother killed her baby but leaving ur 8month old by herself for one hour. This is negligence. Still i sympathize with you. Am shaking with rage. How cud someone do something like this? My lord hear our cries. R. I. P baby girl, you didn’t deserve any of this.

May 24, 2017 at 11:17 pm Reply

LORD I DONT WANT TO JUDGE HER ,,BUT I CAN’T UNDERSTAND WHY THIS BABY HARD TO DIE ,WHAT DID THE BABY DO TO DESERVE THAT KIND OF PAINFUL DEATH …PLEASE LADY TELL THE TRUTH BECAUSE SOME WAY OTHER IT WILL COME OUT ,,WOW IF YOU HAVE CHILDREN AND CANNOT TAKE CARE OF THEM,THEIR HAVE HOMES IN THE COUNTRY THAT ACCEPTING THE CHILDREN ..PLEASE DONT HURT THEM ,JUST TAKE THEM TO THE DIFFERENT HOME MY HEART IS HURTING TO SEE AN INNOCENT CHILD SUFFER A PAINFUL DEATH LIKE THIS,,,SMH

51. Society
    May 25, 2017 at 5:41 am Reply

U’ll keep on blaming her…her situation is not the 1st and will not be the last..there’s poor social service in St. Lucia..no health care especially for the poor..when politicians keep on encouraging us to be divided…smh

May 25, 2017 at 6:38 am Reply

Born to suffer only JAH knows

53. Pretty hurts
    May 25, 2017 at 6:43 am Reply

Going through these comments has me even more distraught. We the family are having a hard time dealing with the situation as is. I pray for justice for our lil Gemma. Everyone is entitled to freedom of speech but some of u have taken the comments too far. Some of u guys quick to comment. Had one of u seen her begging for $5 to buy her kids something you wouldn’t give it but now that tragedy has struck everyone has love and care in their heart for the baby….

54. Unknown
    May 25, 2017 at 7:12 am Reply

This is just sad i dont believe for a second she killed that baby y carry it for 9 mths wait till the baby that age after building a bond n then killing your baby come on ppl smh in my opinion i think the baby must hv woken up n somehow rocked towards the door because when u hv a baby in playpen they rock n it moves in place for those who hv babies they should know that the baby could hv gotten hold of the cord n was playin n got straggled in the process or maybe other siblings may hv dropped it in there without seein the danger stop judging the poor girl she is already in pain after losin her baby she dont hv to deal with yourll negative comments too

May 25, 2017 at 7:27 am Reply

Everybody want to be the judge. People let the Lord be the judge. I wont say she did it or sorry. But I pray GOD sees you through. No one knows

May 25, 2017 at 7:27 am Reply

Amen to your comments Pretty hurts.

May 25, 2017 at 7:44 am Reply

Child neglect is crime act.

May 26, 2017 at 8:17 pm Reply

YOU IS A BIGGER CRIME ALL OF YOU THINK YOU CAN JUDGE THIS WOMAN .YOU DONT EVEN KNOW WHAT SHE WS GOING THROUGH .I HAD TWO TO RAISE AND IT WAS ILIKE HER FIVE.

58. MELON
    May 25, 2017 at 9:22 am Reply

The news saying rope …..the mother saying lace ….i must be a real ass because that story mix up . ROPE and LACE have to different meaning .so which is it rope or lace (Words deleted)

59. Jue
    May 25, 2017 at 9:35 am Reply

I have left my baby alone sleeping to go to the near by shop but it never took me 5 mins to returnlet alone an hour i wont stop and speak to no one is run i does run but from now on never again would i leave my baby behind resg in peace dear child

May 25, 2017 at 10:50 am Reply

I am very sorry for the person who did that. Children souls don’t rest it haunts you. Sooner or later you will see the baby running in and out of your house and you know the baby is dead. How will you deal with that??

May 25, 2017 at 5:17 pm Reply

She won’t see the baby running anywhere, cause the baby is dead. A lesson to learn from this horrible mistake.

May 25, 2017 at 12:54 pm Reply

Do you all ever heard ” Innocent still proven guilty”?
    Well in St.Lucia is “Guilty still proven innocent “.
    Stay strong my girl.

62. Good Sense
    May 25, 2017 at 1:13 pm Reply

Us St. Lucians, some full of sense, others empty of good common sense. I’m a parent of three and I would leave my sleeping child to run to the neighbour’s shop. We’ll be in the house and leave the child to sleep in a room for hours. We all do it, even in the hospital wards. Be real some people, this girl did not kill her child so symphasize with her lest your sins multiply. Pray for one another rather than judge. God bless us St. Lucians.

63. God is wide awake
    May 25, 2017 at 5:40 pm Reply

What we don’t know won’t hurt us. The mother knows why the baby girl was killed. Its linked to the recent gun violence in the March and area and this child’s death is a form of retaliation. Justice will be served, God never sleeps. Rest easy little princess.

May 25, 2017 at 9:51 pm Reply

The mother said she suspect that a woman took the child’s life, and that she vows to take revenge. Could it be that there was a rival? Was the baby’s father in some kind of relationship with another woman and thereby some feud existed between the rival and the mother? So the baby was therefore caught between the two women. What a tragedy!

May 26, 2017 at 12:10 pm Reply

Where is the baby’s father? And, who is the daddy?

May 26, 2017 at 4:09 pm Reply

WHO!! What lowlife with self esteem issues would even consider sticking their “dink” into this baboon? there’s 5 of you out there confess!

67. annoyed
    May 26, 2017 at 11:01 pm Reply

Some of those comments are so hurtful and disgusting…Wow, wow? Why would she carry the baby thru a full term pregnancy and kill baby at 9 months?????? Some people are so judgemental….God does not sleep .Let him be the judge and jury…Some of youll always seem to know….Pathetic!!!!!! She is not the first to leave baby alone for a few …such a sad situation. Only God knows…..R.I.P little angel….

May 28, 2017 at 2:56 pm Reply

St. Lucia could save itself all sorts of social hardship if sterilization was made mandatory for idiots like this woman / baby factory.

69. Simone
    June 1, 2017 at 5:45 pm Reply

Imagine at a time like this, instead of sympathizing for the baby especially, some of us go as far as speculating in the worst possible way and I am sure those judging in the harshest ways are the very ones with the biggest skeletons in their closets.

What a people of judgement we continue to be!!! May this little girl rest in perfect peace and for the family I wish you strength and God’s guidance as you go through this terrible time of loss. Remember, do not judge unless you are ready to accept judgement.

70. Nothing
    June 12, 2017 at 5:28 pm Reply

Lucian’s Lucian’s..its time too cut Crap.no one was there when it happened. We all have done rong .and are still doing whats rong in Gods face.time to repent and Let God be the Judge of that.the word of God says Judge not and thou shall not be judge.let up lift each other up and stop passing judgement.what about .the land ..the light..and the people.why dont we lift up each other in prayer.we are dying sooooo fast.com on.pray for her