Francis warns against rush to judgement in SDA Pastors matter

National Security Minister, Hermangild Francis has warned against a rush to judgement in the case of two Seventh Day Adventist (SDA) Pastors who have been charged with sexual offences.

The two were charged  this week and granted bail on charges of  indecent assault and unlawful sexual connection.

“We must always remember that persons are innocent until proven guilty,” the National Security Minister said.

Francis said that according to his information, the Pastors presented themselves to the police but the law enforcers were not in a position to conduct the ‘necessaries’ that were supposed to have been done.

“A promise was made and a decision was taken that they would return the following day and they did keep their promise – they returned the following day and everything was done,” the minister explained.

He recalled that the two Pastors were charged, taken to court and granted bail.

Francis said he was aware of reports that a cheque was issued in payment of the bail.

“I don’t see a problem with that. The world is going that way in that we want to have a cashless system, so they are doing credit cards, cheques and so on. The less money people have on their person, the better for them,” the minister asserted.

May 25, 2017 at 3:21 pm

Now y.all speechless.

2. Block La wed
    May 25, 2017 at 3:37 pm

seriously they take de moo moo pill

May 25, 2017 at 3:51 pm

Hmm wow if it was catholic… thst would be all over the news….even their names…..well boy…look it in StLucia..because the Minister in politics is 7 dsys too…hmm no judtice in this place put the names out… like the rest..stop covering up for thesr people .. judgement …day is coming

1. John doe
      May 25, 2017 at 5:09 pm

Why don’t u put their names put if you a bad man

4. Lucianman101
    May 25, 2017 at 3:55 pm

I wonder why the Mayor doesn’t make an announcement like this when it’s an ordinary citizen.We need to stop letting these CRIMINALS escaping justice under the guise of being men of the cloth, whatever religion it is.

May 25, 2017 at 9:39 pm

Do you mean the the Minister for National Security? Maybe he is concerned about the sheer hostility expressed in comments for the Pastors and the SDA church. Are the Pastors really escaping justice? Surely, they will have their day in court.

5. Read between the lines
    May 25, 2017 at 5:54 pm

All this *Braying* make me feel like using my *Rod* on the justice system in this country. All the people who live in *Lodge* God will judge……thats all I’m saying

May 25, 2017 at 10:24 pm

Lol

6. Parable
    May 25, 2017 at 6:22 pm

Let me tell my story….its the truth I promise. My father used to steal ripe young mangoes and they locked him up for that .my brother who looks just like me also stealing young mangoes and I love to do it too. Maybe it’s a generational curse….please pray for my family. Not my father because he hung himself the night before they pick him for stealing young mangoes. Please pray for me and my brother

May 25, 2017 at 6:50 pm

This is upsetting ” parable”. Thats really taking far. You have no respect nor consideration for the man’s family. All those who want names , I think you all just like to see people suffer. I will tell you this much, today is theirs and tomorrow willl be yours. When ur turn comes I hope exposing your name or that of your family will find you pleasure. Judgment is God’s leave it to Him. STOP THE FOOLISHNESS OF EXPOSING.

2. Optimus Prime
      May 26, 2017 at 8:37 am

Can i ask you a question… Do you know the age of the alleged victim? Yet here u are trying to insinuate that this has something to do with a “young mango”… Your ignorance has far reaching consequences

May 25, 2017 at 8:01 pm

St Luciaians must be aware they are not seen as a good Country to visit and they listed on the most dangerous Countries to visit

8. Pathetic!
    May 25, 2017 at 9:54 pm

They are luckier than the College student who was dating your Minister Ubaldus? Wow ! How defensive can you get ? Where were you to defend that young lady?? SMH – A least the Church has asked the Pastors to step down temporarily – Take Note Mr. Francis

May 25, 2017 at 10:07 pm

If u read well u will see that reference was being made to the family who suffered the loss of their father. It is very insensitive to apply this post.

9. Johnny Fartypants
    May 26, 2017 at 7:41 am

I’m sure Jesus is spinning in his grave. These creationist meatheads think they’re something special. Top cop is protecting his own kind.
    Have a happy Saturday in your ‘church’ my friend!

May 26, 2017 at 8:19 am

Jesus rose from the grave to make intercession for all (Hebrews 7:25) and then to judge our deeds (Romans 2:6-11). He will come again to give each man his reward according to his deeds (Revelation 22:12). All those who are called out of darkness are royal, holy and a special generation (1 Peter 2:9).