Caribbean News Now:-GOSIER, Guadeloupe — The second selection committee for the Interreg Caribbean Program 2014-2020 has made public the list of the 11 regional projects eligible for European funding.
Many countries in the Caribbean will benefit from these projects, as follows:
1. TEECA: Set up a trade facilitation team and improve knowledge on existing financing solutions in the Caribbean area in partnership with the Organisation of Eastern Caribbean States (OECS);
2. PAIRE: Develop an action plan to facilitate cooperation between the Caribbean air transport operators in partnership with Antigua, Dominica, St Maarten and LIAT;
3. OSAIN: To identify and promote the medicinal plants of the Caribbean in partnership with Belize, Cuba, Curacao, Dominica and Puerto Rico;
4. RECAVAC: Supporting cocoa farmers in partnership with Haiti
5. RADAR: Installation of a weather radar system in St Maarten;
6. PREST: Creation of an earth/sea geophysical observatory in partnership with Haiti, Cuba and the University of the West Indies;
7. CARIFORTS: Creation of a network of forts and fortifications of the Caribbean in partnership with Antigua, Cuba, Haiti, Puerto Rico, St Kitts and St Eustatius;
8. CARI’MAM: Networking of marine protected areas dedicated to the conservation of marine mammals in the Greater Caribbean in partnership with Bonaire, Cuba, Dominican Republic and the Turks and Caicos Islands;
9. OSATOURC: Creation of an international network of popular and traditional music of the Caribbean, in partnership with Cuba, Dominica, St Lucia and Trinidad and Tobago;
10. CARIBIX: Develop Internet exchange points in the Caribbean in partnership with St Maarten and Trinidad;
11. CAP 3D: 3D creative mobility project in partnership with the University of Trinidad and Tobago.
The total budget of the Interreg Caraibes Program 2014/2020 is €85.7 million. The next selection committee will meet in September 2017 to study new projects.