Sky News:-A teenage girl with a severe dairy allergy died around two hours after accidentally eating a kebab containing yoghurt, an inquest has heard.
Chloe Gilbert, 15, went into anaphylactic shock shortly after having lunch with a friend while on a shopping trip in Bath city centre in March.
Avon Coroner’s Court heard a passer-by gave her an EpiPen injection, used to treat such shocks, before paramedics arrived.
She was airlifted to Royal United Hospital in Bath, where she was pronounced dead around two hours after eating the meal.
Dr Peter Harrowing, assistant coroner for Avon, said: “This was an accidental exposure to dairy products to which Chloe was severely and seriously allergic and therefore her death is an accidental death.”
Pathologist Dr Deborah Cook confirmed the cause of Chloe’s death was anaphylaxis and aspiration of vomit due to “exposure to yoghurt with a known allergy to dairy product”.
Speaking after the inquest, Chloe’s parents paid tribute to their daughter.
“Our dear Chloe, a true angel, is loved and so dearly missed by us, her brother, all her friends and family,” they said.
“Thank you to all the services that tried to help Chloe that tragic day.
“Also the shop workers near by, the members of the public and Chloe’s friend who did everything she could.”