Guy Joseph promises to reveal details of SLP probe into his activities in office

The Economic Development Minister, Guy Joseph says he will not cancel a multi-million dollar investigation, which was launched by the former Labour Party administration, into his activities in office.

Joseph made the comments at a news conference Monday saying that he had absolutely nothing to fear.

The MP for Castries South-East, said the interim report from the investigation only revealed what he had already known about himself. He did not provide any details.

He added that he could have provided that information to the former Labour Party government “for free”.

“And I feel very expensive this morning to know how many millions was paid just to investigate me, alone,” Joseph stated.

Joseph said the investigator was paid USD$485 an hour to conduct the probe. That investigation, he added, was carried out from 2012-2016.

“I intend to bring out all of the documentation. Every single thing that was done in relationship to me. Every record of my phone calls. Every record of my emails. And every single thing that they could have tracked back to me. So I would need a conference room that is big enough because I intend to open every page that is available,” he said.

Joseph said he intends to make the document available to the public to allow St Lucians to read it for themselves. He did not provide a date when that would happen.

“I am not ready to put out all of the documents. And they said about cancelling the investigation, I don’t want no investigation into Guy Joseph cancelled. I want every investigation to come to its end because I know I have absolutely nothing to fear or worry about,”

The Minister said the report would be “very revealing”. He said the Labour Party kept the interim report hidden from the St Lucian public because “they did not find what they were looking for.”

July 4, 2017 at 2:21 pm

Oh Dear
    When will all of this crap end?

July 4, 2017 at 2:37 pm

Labour is a pest once they in oppose father help st Lucia I was a staff at Castries apparel when Leo Clark was a manager this guys are all crocks

July 4, 2017 at 2:39 pm

No one cares!!!! can all of you crooked politicians focus on running the affairs of the country please. Save all those election rhetoric for campaigning . election is over

4. Curious
    July 4, 2017 at 4:15 pm

Let’s sincerely hope its not another failed promise to release like the St. Jude’s audit and the Cul de Sac explosion

July 4, 2017 at 10:04 pm

I found it puzzling that all the corruption Guy was accused of, the SLP could not “jail” him. Even SLP supporters were asking the SLP when they were in government to bring Guy to court or keep quiet. Something that was being mentioned throughout the years especially during election time.
    So u mean millions of tax payers money was spent to investigate guy and presumably nothing was found, so the SLP did not have the balls to come out and say, that their investigation proved nothing?
    Let the public know how much was spent on “Guy investigation”.

Now on another note, it is my belief that if fraud and corruption is perceived it should be investigated, however if after you have done so, especially running your mouths about how corrupt an individual is, so much so that that the individual and his family were constantly being mentioned, AT LEAST let the public know the outcome of the investigation EVEN IF it was not in your favor.

July 6, 2017 at 8:49 am

You said you will not cancel the investigation, that’s good, but you must not continue to pay. The investigator will have to conclude his investigation at the point where he is after over 4 years.

November 1, 2017 at 5:04 pm

He can’t stop no investigation, it is not under the supervision of his government

8. Mel
    November 2, 2017 at 9:57 am

Guy so much has been said about you. IF it wasn’t true wouldn’t you have sued by now? After all you LOVE money! Guy you are the most corrupt, thiefing politician ever!
    You are a crooked, dirty, lying, thief!