The Economic Development Minister, Guy Joseph says he will not cancel a multi-million dollar investigation, which was launched by the former Labour Party administration, into his activities in office.
Joseph made the comments at a news conference Monday saying that he had absolutely nothing to fear.
The MP for Castries South-East, said the interim report from the investigation only revealed what he had already known about himself. He did not provide any details.
He added that he could have provided that information to the former Labour Party government “for free”.
“And I feel very expensive this morning to know how many millions was paid just to investigate me, alone,” Joseph stated.
Joseph said the investigator was paid USD$485 an hour to conduct the probe. That investigation, he added, was carried out from 2012-2016.
“I intend to bring out all of the documentation. Every single thing that was done in relationship to me. Every record of my phone calls. Every record of my emails. And every single thing that they could have tracked back to me. So I would need a conference room that is big enough because I intend to open every page that is available,” he said.
Joseph said he intends to make the document available to the public to allow St Lucians to read it for themselves. He did not provide a date when that would happen.
“I am not ready to put out all of the documents. And they said about cancelling the investigation, I don’t want no investigation into Guy Joseph cancelled. I want every investigation to come to its end because I know I have absolutely nothing to fear or worry about,”
The Minister said the report would be “very revealing”. He said the Labour Party kept the interim report hidden from the St Lucian public because “they did not find what they were looking for.”