Acting Police Commissioner, Milton Desir, has promised to issue a statement Monday on a ‘torture’ video that has gone viral on social media.
Desir is just back after accompanying National Security Minister, Hermangild Francis to a two-day Franco-Saint Lucian Security meeting in Martinique.
The Acting Police Commissioner told the Times that he was aware of the video.
News reports have identified the victim in the video as 18 year old Scott Atkins, originally from Desruisseaux.
In the video the handcuffed youth is wearing what appears to be a blood-stained shirt and is pleading for his life.
“Mommy, tell Shawn pay the people for me – mommy, mommy, the people go kill me! The people go cut my head!” The victim says as automatic weapons are pointed at his head.
In another video the victim is seen lying on the ground while two men, one with an automatic weapon and another with a chain saw, stand over him.
A voice, speaking a mixture of Spanish and French announces that if payment is not made within fifteen days the victim would be dismembered.
In yet another video the victim is shown being beaten and hit on the head with a handgun.
“Pay the people they money garcon Shawn,” he pleads.
According to local media reports, the victim left Saint Lucia earlier this year and has been seen in Venezuela.
In an audio clip a male voice warns that a ‘war’ is about to start.