Sandals update on injured team members

Press Release:-Sandals Resorts International would like to thank everyone for their inquiries of concern and best wishes after several team members were involved in a vehicular accident in Choc Bay, St. Lucia earlier today.

While a number of team members sustained injuries and had to be taken to hospital for treatment, we are thankful that none was life-threatening or too severe.

Sandals Chairman Gordon ‘Butch’ Stewart says his thoughts and prayers are with all the affected team members, and wished a speedy recovery to those team members who remain hospitalized this evening, assuring that the company will be there for them in this time of need.

At around 9:00 this morning a staff bus with 15 team members was headed to the Sandals Grande Resort when, on approaching the Morgan Bay resort in Choc Bay, a car headed in the opposite direction appeared to lose control and hit the bus, which veered off course and was about to collide with a truck.

Quick action by the driver avoided the collision with the truck; however the bus did run in to a wall. In fact team members were high in praise for the driver, saying the incident could have been worse if not for his fast thinking.

Sandals wishes to express a special thank you to the entire management and staff of Morgan Bay resort, who rushed to the assistance of our injured team members providing care and comfort, and even helping with transportation as they awaited the arrival of the emergency services.

They truly went above and beyond the call of duty, and their compassion in providing aid to our team members truly exemplifies the spirit of camaraderie and friendship among the hospitality sector here in St. Lucia.

We also wish to express our deepest gratitude to the doctors and staff of the Victoria Hospital who provided excellent treatment to our injured team members, and worked non-stop to ensure they were cared for. The majority suffered cuts and bruises and were eventually discharged. Three persons have been kept for observation.

A large team of Sandals Resorts International personnel, management and staff have been on hand throughout the day at the hospital to provide any assistance and support needed to our affected team members.

The Police are continuing their investigations into the incident and we are co-operating fully

August 1, 2017 at 9:15 pm

Sa la say co co non no one cretisizing.. No one complaining. That’s strange.

August 1, 2017 at 9:26 pm

Lol

August 1, 2017 at 9:35 pm

lol i wonder why

4. The Commentator
    August 1, 2017 at 9:36 pm

IT IS TIME TO INSTALL MEDIAN BARRIERS FROM THE CHOC ROUNDABOUT TO THE CHOC HILL OTHERWISE WE WILL CONTINUE TO HAVE MANY MORE HEAD-ON COLLISIONS ON THIS STRETCH OF ROAD!
    We cannot count on drivers to exercise good judgment on the Choc Hill so the State must enforce safety by erecting the median barrier even if it becomes an inconvenience.
    PERHAPS SANDALS SHOULD SPONSOR THE CONSTRUCTION OF PART OF THIS NEW MEDIAN AS A GOOD CORPORATE CITIZEN MAKING ENDLESS MONEY OFF ST. LUCIA.

5. grateful
    August 1, 2017 at 9:47 pm

Thank every one url forget god paramedics and the police. Serve and protect that’s wat We do.

August 1, 2017 at 11:10 pm

Putting medium barriers wouldn’t stop the accidents.naybe there would be more casualties.because it seems drivers lose control going down that road from down the hill could be a little tricky especially if you go too fast and lose control

1. Safety First
        August 2, 2017 at 9:48 am

The median barrier will not stop accidents but it will reduce the occurrence of deadly HEAD-ON COLLISIONS which have claimed lives on the Choc Hill in the last few months. There is also need for traffic calming measures like rumble strips to force drivers to reduce speed as they approach the Choc Hill from the north.

August 2, 2017 at 4:18 am

Slave job’s black people need to go back to the land

1. Anon1
      August 2, 2017 at 8:33 am

You’re so right!

And successive Governments only seem to attract more Hotels (Plantations) to then boast and say we’ve generated 200 new slave jobs for our people.

Well done Ministers!

2. Mandela
      August 2, 2017 at 10:41 am

Black people need to go back to Africa, de mudder land.

August 2, 2017 at 6:27 am

Yes nurses and doctors were great because it was Sandals anything that they will be recognized, buthe whatt about the poor people when they go to the hospital

1. Christine
      August 2, 2017 at 9:28 am

Too true

August 2, 2017 at 7:36 am

Words……for once..some body mention the poor….the poor people have no place in society any more……especially in this Island call ….St Lucia…only the Rich…

9. Society
    August 2, 2017 at 7:44 am

Hope the bus insurance compensate the staff for thier injuries….cause that case will drag for months and people will start getting frustrated for thier money..

August 2, 2017 at 11:38 am

what about the child they kill marchand that finish already so no justice for that child

August 2, 2017 at 11:44 am

All nurses and doctor on board .

12. African princess
    August 2, 2017 at 12:03 pm

Sandals , I worked at this resort for some years and you’ll will not believed it. The staff who mop the tiles never put any signs. Coming from the kitchen with a tray full of plates slide went up and came down hard knock out . When I wake up I was at the nurses room at the hotel in pain . Head , shoulders and ankle . They told me if I could walk , couldn’t answer . Took me and drop me on a taxi .Reaching at V. H the drive went down the hill with me . the men who work dare came open the door and carry me, then they say you drunk why the send u . Asking him who came with me no one. Waited hours by my self they took care of me , asking me who is there with me no one. I call my family. Up today I am suffering the manager of the restaurant which the staff told me he is the one gave the order to bring me to nurses room. When the big boss asking him what happen he lie . I never got any support from them .

August 2, 2017 at 12:55 pm

You should of pursued a lawsuit my friend