Government: Programme for Special Needs Children not terminated

Government: Programme for Special Needs Children not terminated

The government of Saint Lucia says it has not terminated or discontinued the program for the Assessment of Special Needs Children.

The government’s Senior Communications Officer, Nicole Mc Donald, disclosed that a statement Wednesday from Raise Your Voice Saint Lucia indicating that the programme had been scrapped was ‘irresponsible.’

Mc Donald said the government is disappointed by the statement.

“As responsible members of society, we all need to be more concerned about the type of information we spread in our narrow pursuits, because this type of false information has implications for the Ministry of  Health, parents of special needs children and how we are perceived regionally and internationally,” the Senior Communications Officer declared.

“Right now, the erroneous and fake information that Ms. Sealys and her group have released is making the rounds on the news and social media,” Mc Donald noted.

She asserted that if Sealys and Raise Your Voice have questions about the programme, they could have clarified the matter by simply making contact with Ministry of Health officials.

“This is woefully irresponsible and it shows that we are continuing to play politics with issues we should all care about as Saint Lucians,” Mc Donald stated.

While reiterating that the programme is not being discontinued or terminated, she observed that it is being expanded in terms of the services it provides.

“This is a Ministry of Health programme and its continuation does not  depend solely on one individual,” she stated.

Mc Donald said the ministry is currently working on a new consultant in specialist child clinics.

“The government remains committed to child development programmes such as these and as we review such programmes, we will continue to make changes that strengthen our health system and respond to the needs of the Saint Lucian people,” she explained.

In its statement to the media Wednesday, Raise Your Voice Saint Lucia said it’ understands that the program for the Assessment of Special Needs Children has been terminated and/or discontinued by the Ministry of Health & Wellness.’

The organisation called for the initiative to be reinstated ‘for the benefit of poor struggling mothers at the earliest.’

 

Related Articles

13 Comments

  1. Anonymous
    August 2, 2017 at 4:49 pm Reply

    Hmm who to believe?

  2. Anonymous
    August 2, 2017 at 5:01 pm Reply

    Catherine sealy you are still trying your best to derail Allen uh? It nah go work lady. Remember during the campaign all those things you said about Allen guess what if you never got it, He’s the PM what you’ll could not prevent.

  3. Anonymous
    August 2, 2017 at 5:06 pm Reply

    Look at this! Dat raise your voice group is a cluster group of the SLP. Take a look at the members. Catherine Sealy and Richard Frederick

    1. Anon1
      August 3, 2017 at 8:11 am Reply

      Richard Frederick SLP!

      You might just be a Lucian living overseas and not in know!

  4. Truth
    August 2, 2017 at 5:11 pm Reply

    Since when Richard Frederick and Catherine Sealy are SLPs?

  5. Anonymous
    August 2, 2017 at 6:28 pm Reply

    All you Lucians are tooooo bright.you all love to mu h roroooo hence the reason why you all are going backword for the rest of you’ll life..

  6. Anonymous
    August 2, 2017 at 6:30 pm Reply

    backward ..never ending roro..roros.back word corrected……backward

  7. Papa Bois
    August 2, 2017 at 8:45 pm Reply

    Catherine Seales came out of a group of disgruntled UWPs. The others have gotten their rewards and she has been left in the cold in her own. Look at the others…. Petra Nelson, Agnes Francis, Esther Greene and others.

  8. Anonymous
    August 2, 2017 at 10:25 pm Reply

    The truth remains that many children missed their visits for the last two months, that they have no idea when they will see a specialist again, that all this press release said was Ms Sealys lied but the truth was not given. What is the truth? How do I explain this move?

  9. Anonymous
    August 3, 2017 at 7:49 am Reply

    Press secretary quite easy on the eye. Give em hell Nicky. I need to see you on my tv more.

  10. Anonymous
    August 3, 2017 at 8:31 am Reply

    To those color blind idiots who want to jump on Catherine Sealys back, please educated yourselves by going to the health centers and inquire about the programme. By now all should know that the press secretary has no credibility in what she says. Did she gave any info in her press release to suggest in any ways that Ms Sealys is not saying the truth? Remember her press releases on Sandy beach and invest St Lucia/CIP.

    1. Anonymous
      August 3, 2017 at 1:45 pm Reply

      Frederick is not human after all these things Dem say about you you want Dem for your friend .Dem could have make them send you to hang.fred you is a special kind of animal.
      .

  11. ms j charles
    August 3, 2017 at 7:16 pm Reply

    look at this another press secretary who is very easy on the eyes and able to use words that flatter the ears but always neglects to actually address the issue and give a direct answer to the question what? How? when? like what are these miraculous changes that those poor kids are goin to benefit from and where are my girls sarah bae, mary and gale isnt these some of the issues u guys love but keep silent under the direction of your leadership

Leave a Reply

Shares
TROPICAL STORM WARNING IN EFFECTRead
+ +
%d bloggers like this: