Father not surprised at murder of ‘Shervy’

Father not surprised at murder of ‘Shervy’

The father of Saint Lucia’s latest homicide victim has told St Lucia Times that the shooting death Wednesday night of his son, Sherwin Auguste, known as ‘Shervy’, came as no surprise.

“I raised him up as a good boy but when the man get to his age as a young man he choose to live his life – he choose to take his own way,” Michael Cherubin, who is also known as ‘Mikey’, said.

Cherubin, who at one point broke down during the interview and took a while to compose himself, recalled that he was at work at around 9 pm when someone called to say that his son had been shot at Ravine Poisson.

“That’s all I can tell you.” he explained.

He said that as a father, when such an incident happens it comes as a shock.

“It is painful at the same time,” Cherubin told St Lucia Times, his voice cracking as he fought back tears.

But he said he was expecting such a tragic end to his son’s life for a long time.

A few years ago Auguste is reported to have been kidnapped and had both his hands chopped off.

(Sherwin Auguste)

The 41 year old resident of Vanard, Anse La Raye, was shot multiple times Wednesday night in the vicinity of a  business establishment at Ravine Poisson.

According to the police, initial reports indicate that Auguste was outside the establishment at the time of the shooting.

Auguste was conveyed to the Victoria Hospital via ambulance where he was pronounced dead by a medical practitioner at about 9:45 p.m, a police statement said.

The female proprietor, who at the time is believed to have been inside of her business place, was also injured during the shooting incident, sustaining a gunshot wound to her left thigh.

She is currently in stable condition.

1. 5.20.100
    August 17, 2017 at 1:56 pm Reply

People were quick to say how bad the guys from Venezuela were when the video surfaced of the alleged beating and killing of a Saint Lucian man but fail to realise that we have these same kind of individuals right here in fair Helen.
    Talk about being kidnapped and having your hands chopped off…

2. Concerned
    August 17, 2017 at 2:00 pm Reply

When will it end? Can someone please tell me?

3. sweetness
    August 17, 2017 at 2:19 pm Reply

I wont be judgmental on the death of any one but at the same time I don’t know him from inside out but the individual I knew he was really pleasant. Rest in perfect peace my boy.

August 17, 2017 at 2:28 pm Reply

oh my God St Lucia have people that so wicked to chop off somebody’s two hands.no wander St.lucia is in that mess.i think there are more wicked acts we haven’t heard of yet that happen in this small island
      Oh my St.lucians so wickef

August 18, 2017 at 1:32 pm Reply

It happens elseweh too (Word deleted)!

4. concerned
    August 17, 2017 at 2:25 pm Reply

It will end when paradise is here.

August 17, 2017 at 2:46 pm Reply

Omg didn’t know this guy who was kidnapped in Venezuela was killed….smh…. I just had a talk about shervy 3 weeks ago….may his soul rip.

August 17, 2017 at 2:53 pm Reply

Only in st.lucia criminals are celebrities

1. disgusted much
      August 17, 2017 at 4:42 pm Reply

he without sin cast the first stone…lucians always there

2. i am lucian
      August 17, 2017 at 4:45 pm Reply

really idiot just cuz he has people who cared n loved him makes him a celebrity really

3. Lovely Lady
      August 18, 2017 at 8:32 am Reply

Be careful that yourself are not wrongfully passing judgment and labeling. This what we do best in this country.

August 17, 2017 at 2:56 pm Reply

This reminds me of my brother R.I.P Sean & Shervy

August 17, 2017 at 3:02 pm Reply

These words are exacyly wht my dad said when my brother was killed !
    A sister’s love could never die !
    R.I.P Sean

9. Me
    August 17, 2017 at 4:31 pm Reply

Sno needs to stop saying police are investigating bcuz av never heard of a situation with end results

August 17, 2017 at 4:53 pm Reply

Oh my goodness. ..now this is when i will blame the GOvement. .cause they dont tAke the Criminal s serious.they just give them a slap on their risk..and they turn their heads away..now tell me..will this ever stop eh..when will the GOvement. get serious all they are doing is fighting for political power.they dont care about ST Lucia and its people.what are they saying kill each other i dont care.

August 17, 2017 at 10:14 pm Reply

Shut your bodah idiot

11. Amie dodo
    August 17, 2017 at 10:22 pm Reply

O please u always their to blame the government Lucian’s too quick to forget I remembered this guy incident it was s drug deal that went wrong s few decades back so I guest he still didn’t learn he continued in his drugs deal so fellas u live by it you dird by it but r I p

1. Both Sides
      August 22, 2017 at 8:49 am Reply

This shooting was another drug deal gone bad……smh……sadly

12. WHAT?
    August 18, 2017 at 10:51 am Reply

I think the father spoke the right words. He tried and failed. But he did not really fail. It is all about choices. Nobody can blame anybody else for the state of the country, except the persons who CHOOSE to do the things they do. You can cast blame on the parents who were not there for the child…. you can even cast it at the Government’s feet…. but it’s only have the truth. To all the poor God-Fearing parents that raised your children decently on ‘nothing’.. God truly blessed you. You can take a horse to the water but you cannot make it drink. May all young St Lucians look, listen, and learn….. and open their eyes to the fact that they are being led astray and hungering after every little thing everybody else has. They will not have a one-bedroom house to start off with….. they want the mansion like the fella in cap has. They will not settle for a mitsu………… they HAVE TO HAVE a ‘rolls’. And have it they will (at any cost). Stop letting the drug dealers use you.

13. cecilia Benjamin Wilson
    August 19, 2017 at 11:21 am Reply

Cruelty! take some time to serve God ,put eviilness away, let live like humans, not animals Lucian, keep our country safe we great islanders, everywhere we traveled outside, we label as good people, let’s keep it up my people, let’s unite,faith, love, respect ,love to all jah,love.

August 19, 2017 at 5:11 pm Reply

Wat I heard was nt in Venezuela his hands got chop off!! N doe matter wat u brought him in dis world .. Guess d mother’s dose feel d pain more Dan d father’s lord