Pictures of 2017 solar eclipse seen in Saint Lucia

In case you didn’t see it, here are some pictures of the 2017 solar eclipse as seen from Castries, Saint Lucia. Although not in the direct path of the eclipse, a partial eclipse could be enjoyed with the correct equipment.

All images were taken by St. Lucia Times staff. The eclipse was almost impossible to view using a normal cell phone camera, but using a filter and some other camera equipment, our staff was able to get these images shot close to the Millennium highway in Castries.

Photos were taken between 3:20PM and 3:50PM today (August 21, 2017).

August 21, 2017 at 7:48 pm

Very good job in capturing this hitorical moment

August 21, 2017 at 8:38 pm

It came it went, who gives a rat’s A$$?

August 21, 2017 at 8:54 pm

Just sharing this tweet;

I stared into the eclipse and now when I blink I can see it and my eyes hurt LMAOO
    — Eddie (@greetinghimeros) August 21, 2017

4. Pictures of 2017 solar eclipse seen in Saint Lucia | The Caribbean Mirror
    August 21, 2017 at 9:57 pm

[…] August 21st, 2017 3 comments […]

5. sharon terrell
    August 22, 2017 at 7:48 am

Histirjcal event.I hope when God call you’ll give him just as much attention you’ll give this Historical event.Can you imagine sinners ready to lose their eyesight to look at the moon blackening the sun.I hope youll get just as excited for Jesus take time of work,travel hundreds and Thousands of miles,get special glasses.Why would God refused you’ll from seeing something with the naked eye the eyes he created,so you’ll can see every and anything.Human beings this is why jesus said many are called but only a few will be chosen.You’ll dont even know.What you cannot see leave it alone.What isnt broken why try to fix it.I seen some people eyes looking all red and small like cat,but they watching something good,just give you’ll self a few days.I was at work i had no interest to look into the dark youll good.Lol.

August 22, 2017 at 9:55 am

Pais chou!!!

6. Paul George Lacny Jr
    August 22, 2017 at 8:14 pm

did not see much in Western Canada either. Paul G Lacny Westbank BC

August 26, 2017 at 2:54 pm

Sharon terrell….go back with your Sinner’s nonsense….you just playing Christian. do you know the true meaning of Christian….if you did you would be commenting back..word for word on every comment you see..so go and educate yourself of a true Christian…you are a Christian wana beeeee