Chopping victim grateful to be alive

Chopping victim grateful to be alive

Chopping victim, Shem Sanghanoo has told St Lucia Times that although in pain and nursing serious injuries sustained when he was attacked on Monday by a machete-wielding man, he is grateful to be alive.

Asked how badly he was injured, his response was: “Bad, bad, bad. Very bad. My arm chopped twice – a bone cut. My neck – the wound large and deep.”

Sanghanoo, speaking from his hospital bed,  disclosed that he had been given a fifty percent chance of survival.

The resident of La Tourney, Vieux Fort, recalled that he had paid a known individual to climb a coconut tree and pick some nuts.

Sanghanoo said the man proceeded to take coconuts and was told that he could not do that.

“Whilst he was cutting, I took the coconut and as I grab the coconut he gave me a lash with the cutlass to my neck and my arm,” the injured man told St Lucia Times.

Sanghanoo said he was on the ground bleeding for about 20 minutes when a neighbour took him to St Jude hospital.

He explained that he and his assailant never had any previous problems.

“If I had a problem with him before I would never come close to him when he had a cutlass,” Sanghanoo explained.

The injured man said he had been attacked for no reason.

But he declared that his situation could have been worse.

“I survived,” he told St Lucia Times.

No arrests have yet been made in connection with the incident.

Law enforcement sources told St Lucia Times that the wanted man is on the run.

August 22, 2017 at 9:53 pm Reply

Comon you almost lost your life for coconut you could atlease give him some people crazy this days over stuff dont let them kill you bro

August 22, 2017 at 10:39 pm Reply

So why he running he not a bad boy .doing thing and running after

August 22, 2017 at 11:32 pm Reply

More strength my bro jah run tings he alone knows

4. Ian
    August 23, 2017 at 12:21 am Reply

Even if you paid the man , you can’t give the man a nut ? You grabbing the the one he peeling

August 23, 2017 at 4:37 am Reply

Come on you can give him a coconut greediness

1. Damn it
      August 23, 2017 at 9:41 am Reply

Well give me ur house car and land … cuz u toooo greedy

August 24, 2017 at 7:52 am Reply

I hope when shem family hit back his sister that hiding him can hide herself instead of turning the boy in you hiding him so you supporting him okay that’s good all runners music eventually get tired

August 24, 2017 at 8:05 am Reply

A Bulla dat man is he chop de man for something de man pay for an his sister hiding him like de Man life is joke you cah hide papa wats their to happen to you go always happen hope your sister and all dem ppl dat hiding you talking state can save you an their self from wat to come your way papa

August 23, 2017 at 7:04 am Reply

Lucian’s y not ask for a coconut uh its not wise to take ppl things without asking give jack his jacket n give jerry his jerican all dem them things promoting violence (Word deleted)

7. John doh
    August 23, 2017 at 7:24 am Reply

So becks he eh give him a nut that means he have to chop him url stop beating url as becks url wudnt like it if somebody take url ting an when url ask for it get chop in the process boy I hate url Lucians so bad uh (Word deleted)

8. Christine
    August 23, 2017 at 8:11 am Reply

My friend experienced a similar incident over 6 weeks ago, reports made to police, he is still waiting for an arrest to made.

August 23, 2017 at 11:20 am Reply

You see what happens when you are greedy…shem just to give the a coconut you gave him permission to clime the tree was shem going to pay the man for his services…greed cuased that chopping some Indians are just to greedy God ask us to share and pay a man a fear days wages….

August 24, 2017 at 7:47 am Reply

Yes you can give a man a coco nut but Burt never asked he just took it so he was out of place I hope the catch him an put his ass in jail or worse karma is a bit bitch bro and his family hiding him bad man don’t run bro

August 23, 2017 at 11:48 am Reply

Monkey’s climbing trees for nuts us OK, But monkey’s being allow to carry and wave sharp wepeon’s is crazy. find and lock this running monkey.

August 23, 2017 at 3:39 pm Reply

For a man to do this to another man must mean he crazy or very hungry. anyway he should go find nuts growing in jungle, they free.
      Damn ! (Word deleted)

August 23, 2017 at 2:46 pm Reply

If I pay you to do a work for me I don’t owe you ….(Word deleted)

August 23, 2017 at 2:59 pm Reply

You get pay i don’t have to give you anything,wat y’all think after i pay you,you want 4 free again who greedy.(Word deleted)

August 23, 2017 at 5:04 pm Reply

My bro sad to hear that. My bro u must not trust anybody in a situation like this man have a cutlass u trying to take a coconut from him. Ou fou man! Ou pa sav dorwar nee ple boug fou pasay andidan!

14. Smmfh
    August 23, 2017 at 6:50 pm Reply

Okay. Most of y’all don’t even know what going on. The man was pilling a coconut why grab it from him for one. Two the coconut wasn’t even in yur yard. N three even the owner told d man take the coconut why try n take it from the person ? Thank God he’s alive. Life lesson.

August 24, 2017 at 4:57 am Reply

The owner never gave him the right to the coco nut he never asked he just took it came he just like to take what’s not his, ask questions before commenting