Chopping victim, Shem Sanghanoo, 25, who sustained multiple injuries last week when he was attacked in a row over a coconut, has been released from St Jude Hospital.
He was released Saturday at around noon.
Although grateful to be alive, Sanghanoo told St Lucia Times that he is in lots of pain.
He was thankful to the medical staff of St Jude Hospital for saving his life.
Sanghanoo told St Lucia Times that the doctors also managed to save his right hand.
However he disclosed that he will be unable to use the hand for about two years while it heals.
The chopping victim lamented that this would mean that he will be unable to work during that time.
He revealed that he does construction work and fishing.
Sanghanoo explained that he is currently saddled with a medical bill of $8000 which he believes should be paid by his attacker.
As far as he is concerned his attacker, who is currently on the run from the police, is being concealed by family members.
Sanghanoo said that on leaving St Jude Hospital he went to stay at his sister’s residence because where he lives he constantly sees family members of the attacker.
He told St Lucia Times that every time he catches sight of them it drives him into a rage and to prevent such feelings he decided, on the advice of his own family members, to avoid such a situation.
One of the injured man’s relatives told St Lucia Times that according to reports from eyewitnesses, at around noon on Monday, August 21, 2017, Sanghanoo had paid a known individual to pick some coconuts, when the individual took one of the coconuts without permission.
An argument ensued during which Sanghanoo sustained lacerations to the right side of his neck and his right arm.
The victim has said that prior to the incident, he had no problem with his attacker.