La Clery residents ‘traumatised’ after double homicide

La Clery residents ‘traumatised’ after double homicide

Residents of La Clery are ‘traumatised’ after Saturday morning’s double homicide in which two young men on a motorcycle are reported to have been gunned down.

The deceased have been identified as David Khodra, 28,and Shane Augustin, 25.

According to reports, they were fired at by a shooter in a motor car.

A La Clery resident reported hearing loud noises Saturday morning, like a vehicle backfiring.

“It was about 2.15 am,” the resident, who spoke on condition of anonymity recalled.

“I did not come outside – I stayed inside. It was many,many shots and then it stopped for a second and then two more were fired,” the resident told St Lucia Times.

The resident said there was a commotion afterwards and on leaving the house,  saw a vehicle with people.

“The vehicle apparently came from up North – I thought it was an accident,” the individual told St Lucia Times.

“People were screaming and when I made my way around the vehicle I realised that two guys were in the gutter – they had been on a bike. It threw me off – it traumatised me a bit as well as my neighbours because that is the first time – that never happen around here,” the resident noted.

The resident said the deceased were later taken away.

“The way I view it is that the lack of love we have for each other – because whilst I was there I was saying to myself – and even now I am saying that to you and it is affecting me – it is making my heart race. What I am saying is that we don’t value life. No matter what happens between one individual to another individual, there is no more trying to settle it in an amicable way,” the resident lamented.

“I do not know if that is what the situation is all about but it is just sad to see two young men lose their lives like that. They have parents, they have siblings – sometimes they probably have one child or two. It is just heartbreaking, that is what I could day,” the resident told St Lucia Times.

September 9, 2017 at 10:00 am Reply

RIP MY GOON

2. AUDI DRIVING SOCIALIST
    September 9, 2017 at 10:10 am Reply

KENNY’S KIDS….ALL GREW UP UNDER HIS REIGN….KAMIER ROUGE

1. KDA
      September 9, 2017 at 11:25 am Reply

your dumb comment makes me feel dumb to own an Audi

2. Fed up
      September 9, 2017 at 12:02 pm Reply

Or Chastenet have every one in a rage that they just killing each other. J A$$.

September 9, 2017 at 12:05 pm Reply

You sick Fart, scornt.

September 9, 2017 at 5:31 pm Reply

Yes Kenny fault. Kenny cause Jose and Irma too. Don’t forget the earthquake. All the terror attacks. SMH.

5. St. Lucian
      September 10, 2017 at 9:45 am Reply

Is that comment even worth putting here. Some of you have politicised everything….. even death. Its just so sad

3. Truthyute31
    September 9, 2017 at 10:20 am Reply

That’s how ya’ll want live ya’ll lives like life is a video game, a cartoon or a freaking gangster movie whereby everyone is a goon or a thug. This is the real life and ya’ll fools don’t realise that not everyone will stand for ya’ll shate and it’s just a matter of time before people decide to end ya’ll foolish rain of terror. Stop this goon, thug, dawn and G respect one another and try to live right. The rubbings, drug dealing and so call badness eh making sense because there’s only room for a few of ya’ll and by the way things are going ya’ll are over crowding that barrel. Why ya’ll don’t try to influence each other in studying hard to get a degree or a trade because good tradesmen are lacking here instead of falling into the wrong trades where is death that follows. Why u thing all the male youth are so frustrated and burn head? Because they are always worried about where they are getting the next deal, who’s looking for them and home my life is so messed up so before u say anything to them is kill u

4. Choooops
    September 9, 2017 at 10:32 am Reply

It’s not about government or sometimes even parents. Those young guys simply grow up to live a fast jealous life. I c this I want it. I c that I need it. They go to bed with it in mind. They get up from bed with it on their mind. Then the problem comes no money to get it or they running out of patience cause it’s taking to long. Next plans comes up. Stealing, kill, rape even fag just to get whatever they wanted. To be honest I am not and I repeat I am not gonna feel sorry for none of them. It could be my brother whoever. U want fast life take what u get. U raise up with a mom with ten kids and struggling. Yet steal at 15 or 16 u want to have a BMW driving on the road. Wth good things don’t come that easy. For now I am going to say two less. U should have been working even if it’s day and night to achieve what u NEED.

September 9, 2017 at 5:33 pm Reply

You have to ask yourself why this messed up value system has developed? Jealousy, stupidity and low self esteem all play a part I think.

September 9, 2017 at 11:10 am Reply

R.i.p chopper city

September 9, 2017 at 11:12 am Reply

Only in st.lucia them criminals are celebrities

September 9, 2017 at 12:10 pm Reply

This madness would not stopped until every decent and concerned Lucian does his/her best to fight this scourge. It has dawned on me that some misguided locals are completely desensitized to these murderous acts. Only our collective efforts would minimize these much too frequent unnatural loss of lives.

Vibz

8. 666 - No Political Affiliation.
    September 9, 2017 at 1:02 pm Reply

We are now reaping the fruits of our past labour or lack thereof. Everyone has a stake in a peaceful and prosperous society.

Who wins, when we fight each other?

September 9, 2017 at 5:25 pm Reply

Always on point 666. I’m afraid of the fact that we often have a similar outlook.

9. O.t.f only the fools
    September 9, 2017 at 1:04 pm Reply

That’s reality…they both lived by the gun so what you expected they are no strangers to the law smh…karma

September 9, 2017 at 7:17 pm Reply

THE ST LUCIANA FOOLS ARE AT IT AGAIN

September 9, 2017 at 8:16 pm Reply

St.Lucia ,the land of my birth has now becomes a killing field.Lord help us.No more fighting with fists.No more settling strife.Where is the love as included in the national anthem,”Love oh love your island home.”Do we really love our island?Why are we hurting St.Lucia by killing out the citizens.Wake up people and include God into your life’s problem.

September 10, 2017 at 4:03 pm Reply

young men raised in the ghettos without any fathers to guide them will turn gunsters lord help us pass the law 20years for an illegal gun 25years for its use in a crime and death for murder with this illegal wepon