Hurricane Maria: Dominica PM says “we have lost all what money can buy”

STATEMENT BY PRIME MINISTER ROOSEVELT SKERRIT ON THE OUTCOME OF HURRICANE MARIA PRESENTLY OCCURRING.

Tuesday, September 19, 2017 — Initial reports are of widespread devastation. So far we have lost all what money can buy and replace. My greatest fear for the morning is that we will wake to news of serious physical injury and possible deaths as a result of likely landslides triggered by persistent rains.

So, far the winds have swept away the roofs of almost every person I have spoken to or otherwise made contact with. The roof to my own official residence was among the first to go and this apparently triggered an avalanche of torn away roofs in the city and the countryside.

Come tomorrow morning we will hit the road, as soon as the all clear is given, in search of the injured and those trapped in the rubble.

I am honestly not preoccupied with physical damage at this time, because it is devastating…indeed, mind boggling. My focus now is in rescuing the trapped and securing medical assistance for the injured.

We will need help, my friends, we will need help of all kinds.

It is too early to speak of the condition of the air and seaports, but I suspect both will be inoperable for a few days. That is why I am eager now to solicit the support of friendly nations and organisations with helicopter services, for I personally am eager to get up and get around the country to see and determine what’s needed.

We will need help, my friends, we will need help of all kinds.

1. Pastor Aristide
    September 19, 2017 at 8:04 am Reply

God have spoken. May his blessings be with us all

September 19, 2017 at 8:16 am Reply

He wants us to repent of all our sins and return to him and serve him in spirit and in truth. He is a serious God take heed people stop fooling around.

September 19, 2017 at 8:29 am Reply

Yes true to that….as I read the news I am almost coming to tears for these Dominicans… may God be with them all…wishing them peace in their hearts towards one and all

4. LJ
    September 19, 2017 at 8:32 am Reply

My prayers are with the people of our sister island Dominica and all the other countries that has been hit by these monster hurricanes and I thank god for his continued blessings over our island St.Lucia

September 19, 2017 at 8:37 am Reply

May God continue to bless our island St. Lucia. I pray for the other Caribbean islands and I pray that there are no deaths.

September 19, 2017 at 8:42 am Reply

My prayers are with u ..i hope n pray that no life was taken …

September 19, 2017 at 9:01 am Reply

God bless the dead

8. Gubber
    September 19, 2017 at 9:44 am Reply

Weliveing in the last days that’s sings of times

September 19, 2017 at 10:27 am Reply

Give God the glory when I heard what took place to Dominica this brought tears to my eyes all I had to do was cry out Jesus Jesus because with all the money Iook we all at the same level it’s not only the poor that got hit everyone so people please serve Jesus please give your life to Jesus please everyone.

September 19, 2017 at 10:51 am Reply

So sorry

11. 666 - No Political Affiliation.
    September 19, 2017 at 11:19 am Reply

Dominica should stop electing dictators for life, the gods don’t like that.

September 19, 2017 at 12:31 pm Reply

for all those saying these events are acts of God must be very careful, a high percentage of these “natural disasters” are due to MAN and not only mother nature, they created “HAARP” (research for yourselves) and other weather manipulating machines, it’s not some conspiracy theory, its all very real, let us not be asleep like sheep as the wolves (“the powers that be”) fool us all.

May God bless Dominica!

1. PROPHECY📘📕📗📚
      September 19, 2017 at 6:49 pm Reply

Who are you?…hurricanes and other natural disasters happens from creation (el nino,la nina)..remember Noah!btw im building an ark…care to join?