PRESS RELEASE: “Promoting an Entrepreneurial Culture – Innovation and Creativity”
Castries, October 30th, 2017; The Department of Commerce, International Trade, Investment, Enterprise Development and Consumer Affairs works integrally with various Affiliate Agencies to provide a full spectrum of support services, needed to foster the growth and development of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) from incubation to export. In an effort to generate a greater level of awareness and understanding of these support services, the Department has designated November as Business Month under the theme, “Promoting an Entrepreneurial Culture – Innovation and Creativity.”
Business Month aims to promote an entrepreneurial culture in Saint Lucia, while creating an enabling environment which allows MSMEs to become competitive, sustainable and profitable.
The core objectives of Business Month are to:
- Generate awareness of the functions of the Department of Commerce and its Affiliate Agencies and their approaches to fostering business development and sustainability;
- Create a culture of innovation and creativity among MSMEs;
- Showcase the products and services of MSMEs and celebrate their achievements;
- Generate discussion on Entrepreneurship in Saint Lucia, while highlighting the relationship between Entrepreneurship and Job Creation;
- Highlight the support path of business development from start-up to
This year’s calendar of activities in observance of Business Month will include symposiums; seminars; workshops; panel discussions and trade shows among other events. This calendar of month-long activities will also serve as an advertorial piece, highlighting the overall mandate of each entity and how they collaborate to achieve the mission and vision of the Department of Commerce.
As part of activities to commemorate Business Month, a Media and Ceremonial Launch will be held on Wednesday, November 1st, 2017, at the National Television Network (NTN) Studio, Hewanorra House, Pointe Seraphine at 10:00 a.m.
The Department of Commerce, International Trade, Investment, Enterprise Development, and Consumer Affairs encourages the participation and support of the business community and the general public in the various events in observance of Business Month.
For further information on this initiative, please contact Mr. Jonathan Allain, Business Development Officer at 468-4241/285-3761 or Ms. Lydia Dariah, Information Officer at 468-4219/484-1464.