Francis concerned about wife, children after death threat

National Security Minister, Hermangild Francis, has expressed concern for the safety of his wife and children following a handwritten threat from an an anonymous letter writer.

Francis, a former Deputy Police Commissioner, disclosed Wednesday that the writer threatened in the letter to shoot him, his wife and his children.

“It is really unfortunate that persons would resort to this type of things, but as I have said, I am not one to bother. I spent thirty-five years in the police force and every day receiving a threat. But I have a wife and I have kids, so that is my concern – not for me, my wife and kids,” Francis told reporters Wednesday.

He said if the police areย  able to identify the writer of the letter then the individual will be prosecuted.

Francis said he received the letter in the mail.

“I found this unsavoury note indicating that I wanted to hang people in Saint Lucia and I should use the rope on myself and that they are going to be shooting my wife and my children,” the minister stated.

He said the matter has been reported to the police.

But he declared that he is not ‘fazed’ by the threat.

“When you are doing something right, persons are now being intimidated and they try to make you back off, but that is just going to make me renew my energies in doing what I am supposed to do,” Francis observed.

“I think it is not necessary to do these sorts of things. We have all the radio stations, the television stations – if you want to voice your opinion about something that you think is not correct, then you do that. It is a democracy and we have to listen to everybody,” the minister stated.

He asserted that persons may not be in favour of the policies of the government, which gives the administration an opportunity to provide explanations and help persons to understand why certain policies are implemented.

“This goes with the territory,” the minister said of the threatening letter.

1. Jay
    November 8, 2017 at 5:43 pm Reply

Does St. Lucia have the mechanisms in place to identify a letter (author, location of mailing, hand writing analysis as well as origin etc.) fingerprints and forensic expert availability? I doubt it very seriously. Itโ€™s sad and unfortunate to hear of such threats.

I am ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™for St. Lucia and all its residents.

2. Patriotic
    November 8, 2017 at 5:58 pm Reply

The criminal element in society is becoming more brazen with no respect for life, property or authority so we all must push back against this wanton lawlessness before all hell breaks loose in the country otherwise Saint Lucia will become a failed state.

November 8, 2017 at 6:38 pm Reply

Am sure an analysis can be done

November 8, 2017 at 6:47 pm Reply

All i can say, is that those dummies in the force and even the government, have no idea how to go about investigating about this hand written letter, they can’t even read well for “crying out loud” pleasee!!! Mr francis as a concern citizen for human life. Ask yourself, does all this worth the life of my family? U should know wanting to take another’s life, whether its a criminal or not. God does not agree. So ask yourself if i should continue in this Gid forsaken path, and should loose my life will i be saved in God’s kingdom? Concern citizen!!

November 8, 2017 at 7:10 pm Reply

Hermin it is something u have to treat serious ,but the person making those threat’s ain’t no u , he has to be mad or practicing , bro stay on the alert remain focus , and oil the iron dog .

6. St. Lucian
    November 8, 2017 at 7:54 pm Reply

Jay you would be surprised to know that the Minister is the same one responsible for the forensic lab and getting it fully operational

7. Allen
    November 8, 2017 at 8:42 pm Reply

Lol

8. Allen
    November 8, 2017 at 8:44 pm Reply

I need to read the entire letter okay.
    Make it public in the news paper.

November 8, 2017 at 9:03 pm Reply

This is all the reason st lucia should bring back the death penalty. Starting with the low life that wrote the note.

10. Mel
    November 8, 2017 at 9:04 pm Reply

Diversion tactics! I don’t believe it one bit. Choopz…y’all Francis brothers really think y’all important

11. Country first
    November 9, 2017 at 12:14 am Reply

They think francis playing, when francis was in the force ,Frances was the most bravest and most dangerous cop in the force and every body new that then and am sure he hasn’t lost his touch, he is a marks man and he weren’t miss and also his wife is also a sargent in the force and am sure she will not miss so tell them bring it on.

November 9, 2017 at 5:25 am Reply

The capitalist system is responsible for the crime in St Lucia and the failed policies of politician we need a revolution to drive them out of the landscape of St Lucia as socialism is the best

November 9, 2017 at 9:40 am Reply

St Lucia St Lucia this is so sad but i want to ask a question Mr Francis is in the news more than our prime minister someone tell me y uh pls

November 9, 2017 at 11:07 am Reply

Basically all this is politically motivated..Mr.minister you shouldn’t be afraid of these cowards..if you haven’t realized all of this is from the Labour party hacks who have nothing do that to cause trouble..now you and the priminster needs to impliment new laws in this country we the police need y’all to advance the police force with better police tools to identify increepted hand writing and the list goes on..we have a police force which are lazy we need a better police as officer I can clearly tell you we have to many unsolved murders in st.lucia. we need your support..writher UWP or labour party government to treat us with more respect we need your support..to many crimes are happening I personally I took and oath to serve and protect my nations people we need a better police force to get rid of all this foolishness…

15. James
    November 9, 2017 at 1:14 pm Reply

You think Labour people have time to write threatening letters to Hermangild Francis?!

16. Same one
    November 9, 2017 at 9:58 pm Reply

Feverish political malaria malad๐Ÿ˜ˆ๐Ÿ˜ฌ๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜ฏ

November 10, 2017 at 9:21 am Reply

He maybe needs to learn how to handle the situation like his brother. Not with drama.

November 10, 2017 at 9:23 am Reply

Sounds like a politician looking for attention. I suspect he wrote the letter himself.

November 11, 2017 at 1:51 pm Reply

51 people we’re more than just threatened. They were murdered. Let’s focus on that. Bloodiest year on record.

20. Rosanna williams
    November 12, 2017 at 7:41 pm Reply

Shame..but who can stop all this madness going on in St lucia..you mean no one not police ..not soso limbay prime minister eh so the island will take care of it self thats what they mean.wow none of the elect no one.Wow