KM2 Solutions makes statement after incident on Monday

Monday’s incident was as a result of carpet cleaning done by a local cleaning company on Sunday Nov 5, that affected one of our four operating suites and impacted some employees showing up to work the following day. The building was not occupied during the cleaning and the cleaning company has provided the same service to us multiple times without issues. We continue to be in communications with them to understand what transpired in this case. We have received a copy of the chemical specs sheet for the cleaning agent used and have sent a copy to the Ministry of Environmental Health and await their findings. We are committed to getting to the bottom of this and have met with, and are working with government agencies on the matter.

Contrary to reports, the company does not have any on-going problem with mold or poor indoor air quality or any known contaminants. Twice in recent years we contracted a US firm to do extensive scientific inspections. While several recommendations were made, in no way was the building ever found to be unsafe or unhealthy to occupy. Nothing was found in any concentration above a typical office building or above recommended Occupational Health and Safety standards. Those inspections were done in 2014 and 2016 and another has been scheduled for December given Monday’s issue. We used the US firm because of their experience and methodology, including extensive scientific sampling using the latest equipment, something that is difficult to find locally. In their own inspections, the Ministry of Labour and the Ministry of Health have found nothing that contradicts these findings and we have worked with them to implement many best practices.

There are over 450 employees working in our building and most of them report to work daily without any issues. Any reports of illness of any employee(s) must be taken in the context of each individual person’s susceptibility to illness. It is unreasonable to take isolated or individual cases of illness and make broader conclusions.

As it concerns the employees who became ill on Monday, senior members of management have spoken with all of them and continue to be in daily contact with them and / or their next of kin. We are covering all of their medical care; primary, specialist, if needed and medications. Most are back to work and are doing okay or significantly better. For those still away, they have our support for as long as it takes them to be fully better.

While we were aware of the media’s presence on the premises on Monday all management staff were engaged in this urgent situation which was still unfolding. We are not aware of any other efforts by any media personnel to contact us via phone, email, social media or any of the many contact options that are public and easy to find. As such, we wish to dispel the notion that management could not be reached or were perhaps evasive.

We understand that there will always be the regrettable issue of people making baseless claims, commenting without facts or stating things without the benefit of context. We remain proud of our
record as a company, proud of our staff and are excited about our plans to expand to a second building and add 300 jobs. While we can always improve, we are confident that the majority of our staff are supportive of us as a company and will lend us their patience and understanding as we work through this difficult situation.

KM2 Solutions St. Lucia has many professional men and women who do exceptional work every day. They are committed, do a stand-out job and make us the company we are. That any of them should go through this is something we regret deeply. They have our deepest apologies and we have said so to them in person. They have a choice where they work and that many of them have worked with us for over 5 and even 10 and 15 years is something we do not take for granted. We take our commitment to be a quality, responsible employer seriously and that includes the health and safety of everyone.

KM2 Solutions Management

1. Anon
    November 10, 2017 at 4:42 pm Reply

Well said.

2. Reality
    November 10, 2017 at 4:50 pm Reply

Whatever stop d covering up
    I work dair
    Stop it before I vomit everything out

November 10, 2017 at 7:05 pm Reply

With this kind of English (not even sure if it was English) I can see why you no longer work there.

3. bat chou zort
    November 10, 2017 at 5:01 pm Reply

‘we do not have a problem with mold’ LIEEEE
    ‘we do not have poor in air quality’ BIGGER LIE
    female bathroom upstairs
    the ceiling
    the bathroom door

whats that
    smh
    that slave ship need to be burnt

1. Black people
      November 10, 2017 at 5:27 pm Reply

The place have so many issues then Y are U still working dere. Get out an fin a safe heaven. The place is not like yall saying. All companies have their own issues. I saw labour and ministry came there unknowing to management I guess. The place still open. Yall giving the impression that km2 is so bad. Yall talk about there is one microwave. I think there have been 9 microwave. Correct me management. Who damaging them?? The place have little things that need to be done but not like yall saying. Management is trying. Go on with all yall lies. the place should shut down let me see how yall would survive financially. some of yall have no manners that no other employer would hire yall. Yall have wifi and all. management is trying and dats what i have to say. Not BIG issues like yall saying.

November 10, 2017 at 7:12 pm

They like to bite the hand that feeds them. If its that bad, get out! Everywhere have their issues but the way they speak it’s like they’re working on caves barefooted, naked and hungry.

4. Varna
    November 10, 2017 at 7:08 pm Reply

This is a place that has given opportunities to persons who would otherwise not be employed and a lot of the staff have zero work ethics and a sense on entitlement.

November 10, 2017 at 7:24 pm Reply

It was an excellent opportunity for me when I worked there for 3 years. I remembered the carpet was cleaned once whilst I was there and I had to go home cause of the chemical used. I won’t say the place is filthy to my knowledge when I left in 2013 it was ok. However the building is old and it may need some cleaning up. U can’t please all your employees but u can ensure that their work environment is at least clean and comfortable.

November 10, 2017 at 8:51 pm Reply

Well …..hmmm ..big cover up.hmm….some of my friends work there…and they complain all the time….but when u don’t have a choice….I have to stick with it for now
    ………..hmmmmm

November 10, 2017 at 10:38 pm Reply

Is there mold in the PM’s office and the Governor’s General house? Please research and don’t complain about the working environment in the country. Persons who complain usually don’t give a fair days work for a fair days pay.

November 10, 2017 at 10:45 pm Reply

Agree, if only we empathized with our neighbors in Dominica we would obviously not be complaining about the physical work environment.

9. KM2 Solutions makes statement after incident on Monday – Caribbean Edition
    November 10, 2017 at 11:14 pm Reply

[…] Source: St. Lucia Times In light of recent media reports regarding an incident at our Union office building, KM2 Solutions wishes to make the following public statement: Monday’s incident was as a result of carpet cleaning done by a local cleaning company on Sunday Nov 5, that affected one of our four operating suites… Link: KM2 Solutions makes statement after incident on Monday […]

10. Lool
    November 11, 2017 at 5:55 am Reply

You ppl should all die for all i care n that place shut down.

11. Citizen
    November 11, 2017 at 6:48 am Reply

I am not sure if the aforementioned business place has any molds or indoor air quality problems but there is a new company in St.Lucia that remediates mold. They are not a cleaning company because mold cannot be cleaned. The name of the company is H&L Environmental Services. They did work in my workplace after many cleaning companies attempted to clean mold. H&L Environmental Services came in and did intensive scientific inspection and testing using modern technology. Based on the results they conducted detailed remediation of the space which took care of both the air space and the physical space. Their work has put my workplace back to a safe and healthy environment.

12. Se
    November 11, 2017 at 8:00 pm Reply

This was my first place of employment after I left school now more than 15yrs ago I can say it made me start off my career financially. I entered this company few months after they opened was Helen IT at the time. Most of the managers like Batholemy are the same. What can I say you take it or leAve it. Stop complaining url have a choice and besides it’s a private sector guys hmmmmmm.
    They should close for a few mths and open with complacent different staff. Those who wanna work.
    Let’s see how that will be felt

13. Basement
    November 11, 2017 at 8:52 pm Reply

Youcan vomit all you can ,make sure you vomit the truth with your guts I. There, you accomplice