The family of Cecil Moise who died after being hit by a motor car on Tuesday are in mourning, with the son of the deceased asserting that because there were no eyewitnesses to the incident, only the car driver’s account of what happened is available.
“They called me in the morning and told me my father had an accident, so I came down and watched and they tell me he was walking at the side of the road and the man say – because they had nobody else when they knock my father down, so the man could say anything he want,” Kennedy Best told St Lucia Times.
He stated that according to what he was told, the driver claimed that the deceased walked into the path of the car.
Best said that family members are in mourning but realise that they cannot control life.
He said the driver of the vehicle that hit his father gave a report to the police but has not been arrested.
“My father was a nice fellow, not troublesome – he had a lil mind going off, walking up and down the road from Marc to Castries – walk back up,” Best recalled.
Cecil Moise, 68, died after a vehicular accident on Tuesday, November 28, 2017, at about 9:55 p.m. along the Bexon Highway, Cul de Sac, according to the police.
He was conveyed to the Victoria Hospital via ambulance, where he succumbed, about 3:15 a.m. on Wednesday, 29 November, 2017, due to injuries sustained, the police said.
Sixteen people have so far died as a result of road accidents this year.