Saint Lucian Clergyman concerned about same-sex ‘abomination’

A Saint Lucian Clergyman has expressed concern about a recent ‘buggery’ ruling in the Trinidad and Tobago High Court.

In a move that has been widely celebrated by gay rights activists across the Caribbean, the High Court ruled that the nation’s buggery laws are unconstitutional.

Justice Devindra Rampersad ruled that Sections 13 and 16 of the Sexual Offences Act are “unconstitutional, illegal, null, void, invalid and are of no effect to the extent that these laws criminalise any acts constituting consensual sexual conduct between adults”.

Peter Fevrier, the Assistant Administrator at the Family and Life Secretariat of the Catholic Church in Saint Lucia, told St Lucia Times he hopes that the same kind of court ruling does not occur here.

But he emarked that such a possibility exists.

“There seems to be a trend worldwide of countries adjusting their legislation as far as this matter is concerned”, Fevrier stated.

However he told St Lucian Times that same-sex relationships are not acceptable in the eyes of God and are described in the bible book of Leviticus as “an abomination” in the sight of God.

The Catholic official told St Lucia Times that whether such acts are accepted in the community or legislated does not make them right.

“What we have to remember is that we are a Christian nation and scripture is supposed to influence our lives, supposed to influence our morality and is supposed to influence our legislation,” the clergyman declared.

According to the Catholic Deacon, it must be remembered that Christians are living not for the law, but for God.

“The mission of the Christian and all children of God is to know God, to love him and serve him in this life, so we can be happy with him in the life after”, he explained.

Fevrier noted that according to the scriptures, Christians must glorify God in body and spirit.

“We would expect that scripture would influence our lawmakers so that they would write according to the precepts of scripture. But if it does not come out to be this way, Christians must continue to profess and tell the nation that it is not right in the eyes of God”, he asserted.

1. Concerned
    April 18, 2018 at 7:08 pm

Amen

2. Alwill
    April 18, 2018 at 7:37 pm

God will deal with them accordingly. People talk about times are changing. People are the ones changing. They will get exactly what is coming to them.

3. Vibz
    April 19, 2018 at 7:54 am

What two consenting adults do behind closed doors is none of my business. If gays don’t trouble me, my family or molest children, whatever they do is their business. Why is it these priests don’t use their clout to speak out about wrongs meted out to ordinary workers, civil servants, victims of crimes and the general public? There are unfair dismissals of employees in the public and private sectors, murder of innocent people, rapes, abject poverty, incest, acts of unlawful carnal knowledge and the priests and pastors remain deafeningly silent. It’s no wonder membership of the church is dwindling. The church is now viewed as a mere social club by many. They need to be much more active in the communities that they serve not just mouthing off on perceived religious wrongdoings. They should go out into the community and provide parental classes for young parents, teach vocational skills, engage the children in sporting and other healthful activities, do volunteer work for the elderly and many more similar activities. The church needs to do more and talk less.

1. What a World!
      April 19, 2018 at 9:19 am

Well said.

2. ICARE
      April 23, 2018 at 5:59 pm

Very well put!

4. Martin Luther
    April 19, 2018 at 2:39 pm

The molesting of children by pedophile priests within the Roman Catholic Church is also an abomination.

5. Jessica Joseph
    April 19, 2018 at 4:49 pm

No wonder religion is becoming irrelevant if they are obsessing over what consenting adults do or who they love instead of focusing on the REAL problems in society.

1. ICARE
      April 23, 2018 at 5:58 pm

What do you expect from a society of hypocrites who stand for nothing but maybe a dollar in there pockets.

6. Mike Oxsaw
    April 20, 2018 at 7:56 am

He worried, he no getting bum bum sex heself. Boyfriend left him for another pastor.

7. Jimmy
    April 20, 2018 at 1:18 pm

Dear Rev Fevrier,

Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God’s Law. I have learned a great deal from you, and I try to share that knowledge with as many people as I can. When someone tries to defend the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind him that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination. End of debate.

I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some of the specific laws and how to best follow them.

a) When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord (Lev 1:9). The problem is my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?

b) I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?

c) I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanliness (Lev 15:19-24). The problem is, how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.

d) Lev. 25:44 states that I may indeed possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can’t I own Canadians?

e) I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself?

f) A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an Abomination (Lev 11:10), it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don’t agree. Can you settle this?

g) Lev 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle room here?

h) Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev 19:27. How should they die?

i) I know from Lev 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?

j) My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev 19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? (Lev 24:10-16) Couldn’t we just burn them to death at a private family affair like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)

I know you have studied these things extensively, so I am confident you can help. Thank you for reminding us that God’s word is eternal and unchanging.
    Amen.

1. Mike Oxsaw
      April 23, 2018 at 7:59 am

Oh dear Mr.Old Testament man you really are messed up in the brain cell department!

8. Acase
    April 20, 2018 at 4:14 pm

Great one Jimmy. Enjoyed reading it. Peter, unfortunately, is drunk on a religion imposed on us by our European masters and will not have the ability to help you with answers. For a start is adore his white god with great passion and simply cannot see beyond his “faith”.

Peter, please take a moment to study the origins of your religious beliefs. I think you will start killing your fellow “Christians” when you become enlightened.

9. Roxine Green
    April 21, 2018 at 5:40 pm

Genuine thanks, Pastor, for standing up for righteousness in the beautiful island of St. Lucia.

One day, when the eyes of all are opened to the contexts in which the Scriptures were written and the fact that faith in God has no colour nor prejudice against people of different ethnicity, we will understand how better to apply moral praxis without sarcasm and cynicism.

In every country where the lifestyle of sexual immorality trumps worship there has been devastation socially, economically, spiritually.

Perhaps we need to see it repeated in our yards before we will believe.

Rather than prattle on about a white God and dubious religious origins without a personal encounter of and with the Truth, I for one will continue to pray for our souls and the souls of all mankind. Gay and straight alike.

May God be praised and His enemies scattered. In Jesus’Name

1. Mike Oxsaw
      April 23, 2018 at 8:01 am

I’m told that your skydaddy is green with pink spots..

10. Pauline
    April 24, 2018 at 7:00 pm

Usually these are the ones you should watch around the little boys the most. what the ppl bedroom business have to do with you. all these ppl preaching and they have more things in their closet. chupse

11. Gods grace
    April 25, 2018 at 9:11 pm

I don’t know why everyone is complaining about gays I don’t have a problem with what people do with their life’s once it don’t affect me thats none of my business God words will never change his righteous and God will deal with each and everyone one of us Gays ,straights etc for we all are sinners and fall short in Gods eyes no one is prefect engaging in sexual activities out is marriage is a sin , gossiping is a sinner , badmind is a sin ,lying is a sin, stealing is a sin having sex with your neighbor wife/husband is a sin hatred in your heart is a sin so news flash don’t matter if you don’t engage in same sex doesn’t put you on the safe side with God. Pray for them and for yourselves because we all need God because is by his grace we have a second chance we all was going to go to hell but God sent his only begotten son to die on the cross giving us option to surrender our life’s to him completely yet we fail to do so instead y’all go and repent study grown people life hope y’all sort y’all selves out with God because his not only coming for the gays his his coming for all the sinners no sin is bigger or smaller its just that we only acknowledging that being gay is wrong when this so many sins God spoke about especially the ten commandments I’m not gay and I know God is coming for me too because I’m not perfect the same people that call themselves Christian’s you would be surprised how much of them that’s in the closet but my God don’t sleep.