Fatal shooting on Jeremie Street

Police are investigating the fatal shooting of a man on Jeremie Street Sunday, law enforcement officials have confirmed.

The deceased has been identified as Dwayne William of Jacmel.

He is said to be in his thirties.

The shooting occurred around noon near the Morne du Don bus stand, St Lucia Times was informed.

The victim is believed to have sustained multiple gunshot wounds.

No further details were immediately available.

1. Helen's child
    April 29, 2018 at 5:29 pm

St. Lucia use to be a peace and quiet little Island. So many of us, both in St. Lucia and abroad are saddened every time we read or hear the news of crimes especially murders. Why are we killing each other? Only minority crimes, especially black people committing crimes are mainly reported. With slavery returning, (in Libya, human trafficking) how can we fight together for our freedom?

1. Din do nuffin
      April 30, 2018 at 2:48 pm

Lol ur an idiot.

2. Ligriv semaj
    April 29, 2018 at 5:45 pm

Lord please put a hand!!!!

1. 666 - No Political Affiliation.
      April 29, 2018 at 7:05 pm

Lord is on vacation…has been for quite some time now!

3. Vibz
    April 29, 2018 at 7:44 pm

The law of the jungle plays out on the streets too often. The government has been pussyfooting around for too long. Shooting has become a frightening norm yet there is eerily indifference to this deadly trend from the public. Without a concerted effort from the government, the private sector, the church and the entire society, crime will continue to run amok.

4. DDP
    April 29, 2018 at 8:00 pm

Where is god and Jesus when this happens.Dont u see they don’t exist

5. puppy
    April 29, 2018 at 8:56 pm

It crucial earth ah run red all around the world..mother nature revolting back to all hurt we treating her she is tired

6. pissed
    April 29, 2018 at 10:26 pm

The man could of survived ambulance took foreva the man jus sat there suffering spitting out the blood all how he cud ppl jus stood there police jus stood there nobody rushed the man to the hospital these ambulance and police in st Lucia r so backwards and its pissing me off

1. GRIM
      May 4, 2018 at 6:58 am

There’s no way drt mate would of survived… He got a shot to his face he wouldn’t of survived….. I STAND WITH OTG💯

7. YEP
    April 30, 2018 at 7:35 am

Luke 8:13 ESV / 25

And the ones on the rock are those who, when they hear the word, receive it with joy. But these have no root; they believe for a while, and in time of testing fall away.

8. Kenny
    April 30, 2018 at 9:37 am

A few years ago there was a commercial from the St.lucia tourist board in the USA,which use to say ST.LUCIA THE ONLY UNSPOILED ISLAND IN THE CARIBBEAN. I was so proud of my lsland home, I boasted to my Jamaican, Antiguans and other neighboring islands.what happened?
    Please St.lucia go back to capital punishment.

9. 🤭
    April 30, 2018 at 11:26 am

2 Chronicles 7:14 New International Version (NIV)

14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

10. SLU OBSERVER
    April 30, 2018 at 1:32 pm

Castries Mayor P. FRANCIS … Gave RSLPF a lot of PRESSURE. .. that they moonlighting/Special Duties …and not taking care on crime in the City … Peterson felt it necessary to have his own Law Enforcement Officers to take care of Castries. … I hope he have come to the realization that even with his own Law Enforcement Officers. … that this homicide was committed boldly .. Day Time in the heart of the City..Mr Francis I hope you understand that Officers can’t be everywhere a crime is committed ✌

11. Din do nuffin
    April 30, 2018 at 2:50 pm

Post pic of victim. I bet hr was another pants sagging, gold chain wearing good for nothing.

12. Julia
    May 1, 2018 at 9:18 pm

What does pant sagging gold chain wearing has anything to do with somebody losing their life?? Imbecile !