Daily Herald:– PHILIPSBURG–Nine persons are homeless after a fire gutted the inside of their home at 11:25am Thursday.
“On the scene the investigating officers diverted traffic in order for the Fire Department to put the blaze out. The officers also learnt that a young boy living at the home was in one of the bedrooms working on a school project which required the use of matches,” reported police.
The boy said the mattress accidently caught fire.
The fire was put out by the firefighters shortly afterward, but everything in the home was destroyed. There were no injuries during the blaze.