Prudent supports national shutdown to oust government

A national shutdown to oust the Allen Chastanet administration has the support of  the leader of the Lucian Peoples Movement (LPM), Therold Prudent.

The LPM leader spoke following Sunday’s massive opposition organised protest march and rally in Castries.

He  told St Lucia Times he wants to see not just a one day protest, but  a series of protracted protests which eventually put the current administration out of office.

“If it takes that we have to shut the country eventually, I am saying ‘Yes, this is the way we need to go, but everything must be done within the confines of the law and what the constitution permits us to do’,” the LPM leader declared.

He asserted that he would support a shutdown of the country because surgery can eradicate early stage cancer.

“Now we have a malignant Prime Minister, we have a cancerous government that is in its early stages of growing and will then take this country to its death, so we have no choice but to follow the surgeon’s prescription which is to eventually eradicate this government and save the people of Saint Lucia.”

“I continue to stress that I am not advocating violence, I am not advocating any mischief. All I am saying is that we must be able eventually to use what is allotted to us within the constitution of Saint Lucia, which is the democratic system of government – freedom to be able to express one’s opinion about a government, freedom to express one’s opinion about a party and to be able to go out there and say to  Mr. Chastanet to his face that your moment is over,”the LPM leader stated.

Prudent expressed the view that Sunday’s protest against the government was the first in a series of steps that would lead to the removal of the Chastanet administration.

He explained that he was very happy with the turnout and the way Saint Lucians responded.

Prudent expressed the view that the next step must be a protracted series of demonstrations, including levels of civil disobedience allowing young people to occupy the office of the Prime Minister in a very peaceful way.

“I would encourage them to walk with their resumes and take their  resumes to the Prime Minister’s office and ask that they have an audience with the Prime Minister and demand jobs,” he told St Lucia Times.

The LMP leader made it clear that anything that is done must be done within the confines of the law.

1. NT
    September 11, 2018 at 1:16 pm Reply

Let God Manifest: God of the Red Sea, swallow up all those that are unrighteous before your presence and reveal yourself during these protest and shout down matches so they would seek your salvation and righteousness instead.

2. Angry
    September 11, 2018 at 2:21 pm Reply

What we plant what we reap. That’s for both sides. You Mr. Just want the labour people to give you a job. You people are not patriotic. You all are a set of money hungry people. Only for self. Self serving people and we the jackasses allow you’Lloyd to use us. They were there and it was the same thing. Power hungry,money hungry people. Brain washing the people.

3. KENNY
    September 11, 2018 at 2:27 pm Reply

Leading up to the last general elections, ALL Labour Party events had great turnouts. The masses were present. When the day to vote came; the majority voted for UWP.
    Don’t let the large crowds fool you.

1. Sophie
      September 11, 2018 at 3:29 pm Reply

So true Kenny…..set of stupid politicians fooling the people to get in office and do more crap.

4. angry
    September 11, 2018 at 2:36 pm Reply

Go and read Roman 13… You’ll just talking curses on the government and not spending a little time praying for them for wisdom. You all want to be in government,prepare for your’ll turn. what you do to become a leader is what you gonna get when you get there. The people always come back and bite you.. Ha Ha

5. angry
    September 11, 2018 at 2:51 pm Reply

We are a nation of hate. We ran to the liars,deceitful ,money hungry Politician and some people backing them for gain who cannot wait they turn. We say we are a bless nation but we don’t do that for god. The word of the lord says in Chronicles 7:14 if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land. That is the solution for our problem. Not the the Political Ministers who spread hate. Stop using god for you’ll agenda because you’ll don’t follow his word. playing his songs and reading scripture and inciting hate. Go and pray. You’ll are not our answer.

6. Vibz
    September 11, 2018 at 3:41 pm Reply

It’s obvious! Most of the people have turned against the Chastanet-led administration. He and his bandits have betrayed the public’s confidence and trust. The fear, tension and animus in the country are palpable. This government does not listen to the people, want to bulldoze every one. Now the writing is clearly on the wall. Their time in government will be short lived. The SLP should not take any credit for this. They ran the country’s economy into a deep, unforgiving ditch. This is a self inflicted wound by the current government caused by ignorance, conceit, arrogance, corruption and buffoonery. The country needs a real viable political party that will offer servant leadership not Quasi-Dictatorship.

1. CONCERNED
      September 12, 2018 at 1:09 pm Reply

What’s obvious? I am fed-up of people speaking for me and the majority of St. Lucians. You hear the same people talking all the time AND YOU SEE the same people all the time…now tell me what is obvious about that?

7. Looking from the outside
    September 11, 2018 at 5:44 pm Reply

Fellow St. Lucians; beware of the political opportunist! They come in all sorts of shapes and forms.

8. Labor Tard
    September 11, 2018 at 7:23 pm Reply

I remembered listening to Tim’s show on R.C.I a day before the elections when a labour supporter who works in P.I.P office called and was saying all kinds of things about her party is good and U.W.P is bad and the usual talk. Right after she called a woman called and told Tim that you see that woman that call there you see when the election Bell rings she’s going to **** ON HER. And she was right because they never so that coming. Not even Hiliare who had the most expensive campaign out of everyone both on S.L.P and U.W.P which made me wonder if that was JUFFALI MONEY that was in play. Now they are busy at it again trying to get Chastanet out of office before his time, scaring the masses, trying to stop all his projects and spreading rumors to get in. Maybe because they are afraid of the ideas and plans they see on the table and know for a fact that the might not come back for a while so they are trying to halt it by any means necessary. But the fail to realize the more you fight what you don’t want to see is the more you are going to see it. So all I’m saying this time around is TAKE CARE ya’ll don’t see what ya’ll don’t want to see or even worse experience it too. The CHASTANET is coming and ya’ll are scared ******** IN YA’LL PANTS.

9. zabo
    September 11, 2018 at 7:47 pm Reply

Mr. Prudent, i see that you are prudent as a snake. I don’t think that Sunday’s event can be use as an example, because Sunday is not an open day, that’s when most people would go out for a lime. I suggest that you apply for an open day, to demonstrate, if authorize, then maybe you can judge by the amount of people that participated. For now that is bluffing the people, just like our PM. Is doing, one can remember what he did in Soufriere and Micoud ; now he is using the Major of Castries to talk crap,(poor fellow.) Can you imagine? Although i wasn’t please when Kenny took to the microphone, but i must admit he made some valuable points, when he spoke about destroying. However, let’s not forgot that Kenny was the first destroyer when he destroyed the RSLPF, banned the task force and address the nation on the ORC. I believe he should keep his big mouth shut, because he is responsible for the change of regime and all of our sufferings. As for you Mr Prudent;. Where are you leading us too! Let this be known to you and all the others with a capital P in front of their manes: We are not for sale!

10. slp supporter
    September 12, 2018 at 10:01 am Reply

shut it down i need a vacation from work

11. CONCERNED
    September 12, 2018 at 1:14 pm Reply

An listen…SLP had the NERVE TO HAVE Richard Frederick on PLATFORM…YOU’LL HAVE LOST ALL CREDIBILITY!!!!

THE SAME THAT HAPPENED WITH RUFUS AND UWP WILL HAPPEN TO YOU’LL…

SHAME SHAME SHAME!!!!

12. Zeigy
    September 13, 2018 at 9:11 am Reply

I must be an idiot. What’s all this about the government must go? What are this man’s grievances? He seems to have left them all out in his calls for a shutdown.

I must be an idiot. What am I missing? I walk through my city. It is clean and does not smell of urine. I walk past fresh buildings and other being erected to bring in business. I walk through my community, the drains are cleared regularly and drainage is excellent, utility poles are properly serviced and repaired quickly after a fault. A malfunctioning utility pole was malfunctioning at 2 am on Monday morning, by 6 am it was already being attended to by the utility company’s third party contractor. A porthole that had been growing for a week had been patched along with holes along the entire road. The port was expanded and cruise ships were crammed into it recently. I’ve never seen so many boats dock in the harbour in my entire life.

I’m really not convinced that this group of ageing politicians no what they are talking about. They don’t even know how to use Facebook and instagram, far less Twitter.