Closure of School as a result of Approaching Weather System

Press Release:-  The St. Lucia MET Services and the National Emergency Management Organization (NEMO) have indicated that St. Lucia is expected to get some heavy rainfall on Thursday September 13 into Friday September 14, 2018.

While St. Lucia is not under Tropical Storm Watch or Warning the Department of Education, Innovation and Gender Relations in consultation with MET Services and NEMO have decided to take precautionary measures and wish to inform that all schools will be closed on Thursday 13 September 2018.

An announcement will be made as it relates to the reopening of schools on Friday and persons are asked to listen for OFFICIAL announcements on the media.

Persons are asked to stay informed and remain safe as we prepare for heavy rains associated with the weather system.

1. Zeigy
    September 12, 2018 at 3:50 pm Reply

A lot of attention has been paid to the infrastructure in the last year. Let’s see how everything holds up. If Bridge Street and Jeremie Street manage the rains well it would be a testament to how well the country has been run.

2. Calm
    September 12, 2018 at 5:52 pm Reply

Tomorrow for sure…i am betting the 2 PItons…alot of educated stupid people will still send their children to school…bets are in….smh

3. Calm
    September 12, 2018 at 5:57 pm Reply

I’m betting the 2 pitons ..alot of educated stupid people…that knows better will still send thier children to school.

4. ¡Hello! (Ambi Voice)
    September 12, 2018 at 11:04 pm Reply

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy no skoool .. Tmrw ah mi help keep di sky cloudy .. doctor say the way my lungs black mi fi start use vaseline jel fi mi lungs

1. Zeigy
      September 12, 2018 at 11:26 pm Reply

Speak English. They still teach that in school, right? What on Earth are they putting in your head?

5. Jo
    September 13, 2018 at 6:26 am Reply

Positive we eh getting no rain…..

6. Smh
    September 13, 2018 at 7:01 am Reply

No rain, No school, i have to go work, what I doing with my children. Choops!!

1. Zeigy
      September 13, 2018 at 10:23 am Reply

This is why the children are going astray. Using the school as a replacement for your parenting, the school isn’t this safe environment you send your children to. If you are not attentive to what your kid learnt in school that day they may very well be worse off than they would be at home. The same thing you did with them all summer you do now. Treating your child like some kind of burden…black people.

7. Smh
    September 13, 2018 at 7:31 pm Reply

I paid my money to have them in a safe environment for the summer, I knew summer was coming so I thoughtfully planned for it, i I make sure i give my children the best,