Nickolas said that staff at restaurants would be included in those to be tested after the couple, who arrived here from the United States on November 1, had visited four restaurant facilities in the south of Health authorities said that contact tracing teams are seeking to be in touch with the people who were directly and indirectly exposed through the new cases and that the US couple had been placed in isolation, following their positive test.
“The restaurants were immediately informed, and the contact tracing team was also instantly engaged to source and quarantine all potential contacts of the couple. The restaurant managers have provided the logs that they are required to keep of all guests, and those have proven crucial in the tracking process,” the Ministry of Health said in the statement, adding that it wanted to reassure the public that every effort is being made to find and isolate anyone who may have been exposed.
The authorities also disclosed that the police have been notified of the violation in keeping with the measures outlined in the Quarantine (COVID-19) regulations which provide for individuals who are guilty of violating the quarantine regulations to a fine of EC$10,000 (One EC dollar=US$0.37 cents) or six months imprison.
So far, three persons have been charged and one fined EC$3000 that had to be paid forthwith. The other two are awaiting trial in the magistrate court.
“As always, the Ministry of Health underscores the importance of personal responsibility in containing this disease. Individuals must take ownership of their health and that of others by being mindful of their actions—practising good hygiene, maintaining physical distancing of at least six feet, wearing a mask in public, and adhering to all the protocols mandated for the preservation of health and safety,” the release said.
Headline photo courtesy: Robin Benzrihem