Antigua & Barbuda Confirms 39 New COVID-19 Cases

- Advertisement -

Antigua & Barbuda has confirmed 39 new cases of COVID-19, local reports say.

According to Antigua Observer, results of the new positive cases are believed to have been received Tuesday night.

The publication reported that all 39 of the new cases are believed to be imported.

The news comes against the backdrop of Health Minister Molywn Joseph asserting earlier this week that Antigua & Barbuda was essentially COVID free with no active cases.

- Advertisement -

Prime Minister Gaston Browne addressed the nation on the issue Wednesday and sought to allay the fears of citizens.

Prime Minister Gaston Browne as he addressed his countrymen on Wednesday, June 24, 2020

“I emphasise to you that none of these cases is a threat to the community at this time,” Browne declared.

He explained that through the country’s identification, tracing and quarantining process the Ministry of Health is containing and treating infected persons.

Browne told the nationals that the 39 new cases are persons of whom half are returning nationals who entered Antigua & Barbuda by air over the last few days.

“These nationals are now quarantined and isolated,” he observed, adding that they will not be released in to the community until they test negative.

“Is is important that you know that none of these persons has been hospitalised,” he explained.

Browne also said that currently, no one is hospitalised in Antigua & Barbuda with COVID.

- Advertisement -
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff
Our Editorial Staff at St. Lucia Times is a team publishing news and other articles to over 200,000 regular monthly readers in Saint Lucia and in over 150 other countries worldwide.

8 COMMENTS

Comments are closed.

TRENDING

Subscribe to our St. Lucia Times Newsletter

Get our headlines emailed to you every day.

spot_img
Four People Injured In Desruisseaux Vehicle CrashRead
+ +
Send this to a friend