Press Release:– Consistent with the Government’s mandate for a more inclusive and depoliticised advisory body on the management of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Cabinet of Ministers pursuant to the COVID19 Prevention and Control Act (Amendment) (No.2), 2021 has appointed development planner, Mr. Cletus Springer to chair the National COVID-19 Management Centre.
A national, regional and international professional, Mr. Springer brings to the Centre his experience in public sector management, environmental health, sustainable development and communications.
The National COVID-19 Management Centre will also benefit from the appointment of
representatives from the following organisations in the coming weeks;
1) Director of Information of the Government Information Service or his or her designate;”
2) a representative from the Trade Union Federation;
3) a representative from the Saint Lucia Medical and Dental Association;
4) a representative of the youth;
5) a representative from the Saint Lucia Hospitality and Tourism Association;
6) a representative from the private sector;
7) other persons approved by Cabinet.”
The Government of Saint Lucia remains committed to fighting the COVID-19 pandemic and will continue to ensure that resources are made available for its effective management