Wednesday, August 10, 2022

COVID-19: Jn Baptiste Appeals For Stronger Public Cooperation

- Advertisement -

Health, Wellness and Elderly Affairs Minister Moses Jn Baptiste says authorities here have reason to believe that a surge in COVID-19 infections over the past week and the symptoms reported are due to the presence of the Omicron variant.

“While we have not yet confirmed this through gene sequencing, from the transmission rate and disease profile that we are seeing, we believe it is best to assume the Variant is here. To assume otherwise is to ignore the significant impact that the Variant can have on health and safety and work,” Jn Baptiste said.

He announced that Cabinet has decided to keep the current protocols until January 7, 2022, including a 1:00 am confinement time on the morning of January 1, 2022.

And Jn Baptiste said Cabinet has decided on the following containment measures:

- Advertisement -

1. A person shall not host or attend a mass crowd event nor a competitive or high contact sporting activity, including indoor and outdoor training and local competitions.

2. A person can host or attend a social event or recreational activity that does not exceed 35 persons of his or her immediate family at his or her residence.

3. In accordance with the Criminal Code no loud music will be permitted at a social event or recreational activity and anyone who breaks this law shall be prosecuted under the Criminal Code.

4. A faith-based organization may hold a special religious ceremony including baptisms, weddings, and funerals only if there are no more than 100 people in attendance and providing also that physical distancing guidelines are strictly observed.

5. Beach picnics, river parties will not be allowed.

According to the Minister, the Commissioner of Police has assured the Cabinet that his Police Officers will be out in sufficient numbers to ensure strict compliance with the measures he outlined.

The Minister’s complete statement appears below:

- Advertisement -
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff
Our Editorial Staff at St. Lucia Times is a team publishing news and other articles to over 200,000 regular monthly readers in Saint Lucia and in over 150 other countries worldwide.

13 COMMENTS

  1. I’m sorry is st lucians that will pay for the sins and wickedness of that administration..I just can’t believe how you pjp administration putting the people first..Almost 2 years a virus is in the world..and that is way you all can handle the virus..God will send his wrath on you all the politics and brainwashed the people.. good luck 2022

  2. Donington and Gere geer you trying to get in touch with the Masa of Confinement and Protocols. That is highly impossible until the end of this five year term when he will need your vote again. Sad but the people of Vieux Fort North know that from 2001 but they still continue to vote him election after election. When his party is in power he disappears from the face of Vieux Fort North for five years. No one sees him, hears from him, can contact him on any issues. When he is in opposition he will be seen in the constituency telling the electorate that King or Chas is doing nothing to help them. Although it is clear to see that most progress in Vieux Fort North had been achieved during a UWP reign, even though the constituency have never voted UWP.

  3. Seen at the Zero Anthropology website (zeroanthropology[dot]net/2021/12/26/protecting-the-pandemic-from-the-people-perpetual-panic-permanent-emergency/), in an article titled, Protecting the Pandemic from the People: Perpetual Panic, Permanent Emergency [and Perpetual Profit].

    “First, what do we know about Omicron? Medical authorities in South Africa have already explained, and emphasized repeatedly, that the virus is following its normal course of evolution towards a strain that spreads easily and is far less lethal — indeed, its symptoms are very mild. Scientists elsewhere have concurred. In South Africa, Omicron has been accompanied by a reduction in hospitalizations, and deaths. Mild symptoms have been the worst of the Omicron experience there, and elsewhere. As of December 12, the WHO reported not a single death anywhere could be attributed to Omicron — after months of circulation in Africa. While [western Mengele-types were] fanning the flames of fear about overwhelmed hospitals in Canada and the US, in South Africa a published study found that persons with Omicron were 80% less likely to be hospitalized than if they caught another variant; compared to Delta infections, Omicron infections are associated with a 70% lower risk of severe disease. South African authorities are still wondering why Europe and North America are freaking out.”

    (Answer: the freak-out is calculated and contrived for maximum panic effect in the western sheeple.)

    Its time to lock down our totalitarian medical oppressors! (Pip, are you guys awake?)

  4. Where are the adults to run the country, the kids had it for 5 months and you’ll actually making me miss the white man……. Duh Lucian’s not cooperating, damn dude they have never cooperate unless the law is involved you actually expect Lucian’s to confine to their homes, hahahaha biggest bs for 2021.

    NB. People who don’t believe in anything they fall everything… so that’s source of vaccine hesitancy. To priest and pastors preaching bs to their flock , please stop.

  5. It took from January to June of this year to announce that delta was in stlucia smph so u know already this next ominvarient is here….. that’s why they changing things up!

  6. No sh!t Sherlock 🙄. Now we’re making decisions based on make believe 🤦🏾‍♀️. You don’t know if decepticon is here,so you’ll assume based on the symptoms you’re seeing 😏. Ffsake bruh.what are you doing?

    Mussa of protocols and confinement, please get off it. So what happened to the Delta,Mu,Beta,Xi, common cold,flu and Indian strain? Smh. Mweh mem Mussa.

Comments are closed.

TRENDING

Subscribe to our St. Lucia Times Newsletter

Get our headlines emailed to you every day.

spot_img
Send this to a friend