Difference between certificate III and certificate IV in aged care courses

(By Contributor Steven Smith) Australia’s population is facing an alarming trend they are getting older – fast.

Australia needs more qualified aged care workers, personal and community caregivers, disability workers than ever to support the millions of elderly and senior Australians to meet this massive demand. As such, many Australians today are pursuing a career in this high-demand industry, but there has been confusion on what exactly is required to get qualified, particularly for taking aged care courses. And another interesting statistic is that only about 35% of the jobs are full-time for this occupation so you should be able to have work-life balance and flexibility. If you wanted extra work, you might consider taking on jobs with more than one aged care service or client.

What Is The Certificate III In Aged Care And The Certificate IV In Ageing Support?

The Certificate III Aged Care is formally the standard qualification to work in an aged care facility which is one of the most famous accredited courses among employers. Many aged care assistants, community, and home workers hold this entry-level course.

The certificate for aging care is generally called the certificate IV in Ageing Support and is a step higher than both Certificate III courses. This course superseded 2 Cert IV qualifications in 2015, the Cert IV in Aged Care (CHC40108) and the Cert IV in Home and Community Care (42012).

Are there are other reasons to consider studying an Aged Care qualification?

There are a lot of reasons to keep studying and learning throughout your entire life but here are some of the most significant reasons in relation to Aged Care:

Students would be able to acquire fundamental on the job, studying will give you a depth of knowledge and skills to support this:

Having the certificates or working towards one, might be the difference between getting a job with an employer of your choice – it will show your dedication towards the work and take your career and work seriously.

If you have been working in Aged care for a long time, studying with other support workers and networking may give you an actual boost in your career and a renewed passion for what you do.

With the great help of Aged Care Courses, you might be able to hire directly by individuals who belongs from Australia and wants to age care support services.

Obviously, having a qualification can help you stand out from the crowd.

To taking care of people as they age is an important job and why not do the best job, you may do being well-equipped with the great skills, knowledge and practical experience.

What qualifications should I study to be an Aged Care career or support worker?

One of the main benefits of getting your certification is that it offers a variety of flexible entry arrangements to the field. After you achieve your certificate, it becomes easy to get started in a good career.

You may choose between:

  • CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support
  • CHC43015 Certificate IV in Ageing Support

What’s the difference between the Certificate III in Individual Support and the Certificate IV in Ageing Support?

Obviously, the difference is that one is a level Certificate III and other one id level Certificate IV. It is very important to know about both certification courses and difference.

Although both the certification will allow you to become a well-qualified aged care worker and awarded you with the most required skills and knowledge, they have various differences.

The Certificate III in Individual Support is the standard qualification for the aged care industry. This certification course is famous for those individuals who are entering a career in an aged or home and community care facility for the first time.

Enrolled students can get the skills of aging, disability etc.

The Certificate IV in Aged care emphasis on more advanced skills suited for those individuals who want to career in Aged Care ream leader. By this role, you will acquire on how to arrange care assistants in an aged, residential, or community environment.

The skills and knowledge required and the assessment requirements are at a lower level than the Certificate IV.

If you have already taken Certificate III with another study area, in that condition you would be able to consider Certificate IV. However, this is not only the reason to consider a Certificate IV, it definitely may be a factor for you as many people who work as support workers cannot afford to pay student fees without some government assistance. Naturally, you would still need to meet the normal entry requirements to be able to go into a Certificate IV.

Beyond the levels of the two certificates, here are some other differences:

The Certificate III in Individual Support has replaced the Certificate III in Aged Care, Certificate III in the community and home care and certificate III in Disability. Basically, it is designed only for starting the career from the beginning. It gives you the flexibility of working in personal care, home care, as a support worker or career in many different residential services (disability, aged care etc.) or in people’s homes.  Naturally, you can continue your studies in a Certificate IV when you finish the Certificate III and you could choose to specialize in Disability or Aged Care at that point.

The Certificate IV in Ageing Support is designed specifically for people who work or want to work in Aged Care settings, either residential or in people’s homes.  The qualification is specifically focused on aged care and the job outcomes include aged care team leaders and supervisors as well as support workers.

Conclusion: The best way to become an Aged Care Worker is to get qualified. Certificate iii in aged care Adelaide provides this opportunity. If you really feel to make a difference in the lives of the elderly and become an aged care worker, you can contact us today!

Tropical Storm Dorian Forms in AtlanticRead
+ +