A family of Monchy, Gros Islet, is in mourning after reports that a 32 year old member was electrocuted at Cap Maison resort.
According to information, Deshay Louis went to investigate after a guest reported that the pool was not working properly.
Louis, a pool attendant, died on the spot after coming into contact with a wire, according to the police.
The incident occurred about 4:30 pm on Saturday.
Family members of the deceased on Monday visited the resort where he died.
His uncle, Ray Alexander, told St Lucia Times the family got a call on Saturday informing them of the tragedy.
“We came today to look at the site and the manager was very cooperative,” he disclosed.
“It does not look like any discrepancy – it’s just that when things are there to happen they happen. The thing looks normal as usual, you put on your switch, put on your pump – because I used work in pools before so I know a little bit about it. But when your day comes and things have to happen, they happen,” Alexander lamented.
The uncle disclosed that the family is in shock, with the mother of the deceased going through agony.
“But at the end of the day we have accepted that he is no more, so what can we do?”
He said the family was looking forward to the outcome of the probe into the death and the post mortem examination to learn exactly what went wrong.
Alexander said Deshay Louis had been working at Cap Maison resort for nine years.
“A very nice individual, charming, loving, caring, respectable – the managers themselves describe him as someone who was responsible, always at his work, cheerful,” he said.
“It’s a great loss,” the uncle told St Lucia Times.