A fire Tuesday morning forced the evacuation of the Ti Rocher Micoud Combined school, while fire service personnel extinguished the blaze.
Firefighters from the Micoud Fire Station responded after an alarm was raised about 9:33 am, according to reports.
A fire service official told St Lucia Times that on arrival, it was discovered that a fluorescent light fixture in a classroom ceiling had caught fire and fell, igniting some books and a desk on which the books had been placed.
The official disclosed that the teacher ordered that the students evacuate the room.
The rest of the students in the school were also instructed to abandon classes and move to an area of safety.
According to information, firefighters were able to put out the fire with a fire extinguisher.
Electricians from the Ministry of Infrastructure were then summoned to the school to fix the electrical problem.
No one was injured and damage is reported to have been limited to some books, a chair and a table.