Four Saint Lucia nationals who were in quarantine amid Coronavirus fears have been released, the Department of Health and Wellness has announced.
“They all remained asymptomatic during their period of observation,” a Department of Health and Wellness statement disclosed.
According to the statement, there are no Coronavirus cases in Saint Lucia or the Caribbean region.
It observed that Saint Lucia health officials have scheduled a debriefing session to identify gaps in this country’s Coronavirus response plans.
“In an effort to identify the gaps in our level of preparedness, a review/ de-briefing of the management of the suspect COVID-19 case which arrived into Saint Lucia on Tuesday 11, 2020 is scheduled,” the statement Monday from the Department of Health and Wellness said.
The suspected Coronavirus case tested negative.
The patient was a Russian male who arrived here by yacht from Martinique, and had previously visited China.
The Department of Health and Wellness has said that it continues to to strengthen its preparedness plans to manage the threat of the Coronavirus.
In the interim, the department has called on members of the public to continue practicing the standard recommendations to prevent the spread of infection.
– regular hand washing with soap and water or alcohol based hand sanitizer where soap and water is not available.
– cover mouth and nose with disposable tissues or clothing when coughing and sneezing.
avoid close contact with anyone showing symptoms of respiratory illness such as coughing and sneezing.
– seek medical attention and share your travel history with your health care provider if you have symptoms suggestive of respiratory illness either during or after travel.