The Ministry of Commerce, International Trade,Investment, Enterprise Development and Consumer Affairs has announced new fuel price adjustments, that have resulted in an increase in the prices for cooking gas.
According to the ministry, the adjustments are in keeping with changes in international oil prices and Government’s application of the modified market pass-through petroleum pricing mechanism.
A press release from the ministry stated that the retail price of LPG 20, 22, and 100 lb cylinders have been changed.
It said the retail price of kerosene, gasoline and diesel remains unchanged. The price changes take effect from Monday December 10, 2018:
- 20 Pound Cylinder (9.07 kg) increased from $33.12 to $33.44 per cylinder
- 22 Pound Cylinder (9.98 kg) increased from $36.71 to $37.06 per cylinder
- 100 Pound Cylinder (45.36kg) increased from $206.01 to $207.60 per cylinder
- Kerosene remains unchanged at $2.05 per litre or $9.31 per gallon
- Gasoline remains unchanged at $3.07 per litre or $13.95 per gallon
- Diesel remains unchanged at $3.07 per litre or $13.95 per gallon
The retail prices of fuel products will be next adjusted on Monday December 31, 2018, the ministry press release disclosed.