A search for two Gros Islet men who put out to sea from their community last month has so far failed to locate them.
Saint Lucia Marine Police and their counterparts in neighbouring Martinique have conducted numerous operations in a bid to find them.
MBC Prime reports that the men left Gros Islet on a fishing expedition on November 25.
According to the local television channel, family members raised an alarm on December 1 when the men did not return.
The missing men have been identified as Rawle Odlum and Rolston Alfred.
Sergeant John Baptiste Mathurin of Saint Lucia’s Marine Police Thursday night told MBC Prime that Martinique officials and the Regional Security System (RSS) have conducted aerial searches.
But he explained that due the the unknown destination of the men’s vessel, all searches have been unsuccessful.
The Marine Police official said various Caribbean Islands and vessels at sea have been alerted.
The Gros Islet men are reported to have encountered engine trouble and managed to transmit a distress message to relatives in Saint Lucia.
Efforts to find the missing men continue.
Headline photo courtesy MBC Prime