Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Guest Suing Hilton For $100 million, Claims ‘Perv’ Filmed Her Showering

A hotel guest is suing Hilton Worldwide for $100 million, claiming she was unknowingly filmed showering at a Hampton Inn and Suites in Albany, N.Y., it has been reported.

The alleged incident occurred in 2015 .

The woman said she was blackmailed by the person who recorded the footage.

According to reports, the female filed a lawsuit in Virginia where Hilton Worldwide is based.

The document claims that she initially had no knowledge that her privacy was invaded until September of this year, when the self-described “perv” reached out and informed her of his actions, according to Fox News.

According to the lawsuit, the woman, from Chicago, received an email from the blackmailer on Sept. 30, containing a link to the footage that had been posted to a pornographic website.

The Albany Times said that her name was also shared on the site, along with personal information.

The emailer eventually began sending the footage to her co-workers and asked that she begin sending $1,000 for the next year, along with $2,000 up front, presumably to stop the distribution.

NBC News reported that although the identity of the suspect has not been determined, the woman’s lawyer, Roland Christensen, said he believes the blackmailer is an employee of the Hilton based on the suspect’s knowledge of his client’s personal information.

1 COMMENT

  1. Some things may be true, but proving them in court may not be so easy. And with people now staging incidences to get money, lights will be shined in every corner to be sure that nothing unscrupulous from the guest took place. Some years ago a young Lady had her own brother beat her up in a hotel room, then she sued the hotel. Everything came crashing down when she did not give her brother the amount of money she
    had agreed to pay him. We just have to stay tuned. You also have children faking their own kidnapping to get money from parents.

Comments are closed.

Headlines

Truck Driver Killed In Ciceron Accident Identified

Saint Lucia police have identified a male killed in a truck accident Monday as Rudolph Etienne of Bexon. Police spokeswoman, Anne Joseph, told reporters Tuesday...

PM Announces Thrust To Facilitate Saint Lucian Investors

Prime Minister Allen Chastanet has discounted the notion that Invest Saint Lucia facilitates only foreign direct investment, while announcing plans to facilitate Saint Lucian...

Methodist School Teachers ‘Walk Off The Job’

The Ministry of Education has informed parents and guardians of student attending the Gordon and Walcott Methodist combined school that teachers have walked off...

Three Male Inmates Assault Female At BCF

Three male inmates assaulted a female detainee at Bordelais Correctional Facility (BCF) Monday afternoon about 12.10 pm, Director of Corrections Hilary Herman has disclosed. "It...
We're moving from WhatsApp. Join Our New Notification ChannelJoin
+ +