Guy Joseph Congratulates SLP, Challenges New Government To Prove Allegations

- Advertisement -

Former Economic Development Minister, Guy Joseph, has congratulated his opponent, Joachim Henry and the Saint Lucia Labour Party (SLP) on their election win while at the same time challenging the new labour government to launch a probe into allegations the SLP has made against him.

Joseph, the incumbent, lost to the SLP’s  Joachim Henry in Castries South East in Monday’s landslide win for the labour party.

The former minister told St Lucia Times that it was one of the seats that people had their eyes on as it looked like one of the safe seats for the United Workers Party (UWP) and for him as the incumbent.

But he acknowledged that the people of the constituency wanted a different representative and as a result, we wants to congratulate the victorious SLP candidate and wish him well.

- Advertisement -

Joseph, who has represented Castries South East for the past fifteen years, said he is thankful for the opportunity he had to serve and grateful to all the people of the community, whether they supported him or not.

“ I also want to place on record my deepest appreciation to all who worked with me – some were there with me from day one. I also want to thank all those who have been sending messages of comfort and being understanding and supportive because we lost,” the former minister told St Lucia Times.

However, he acknowledged that it had been a tough fifteen years in politics, one of the reasons being  because of the constant attacks on him, his family and his associates.

According to Joseph, he has been a target of the labour party from the first day he entered politics as a supporter of the UWP

“Now all of the accusations, all of the things levelled at me, I am looking forward with great anticipation for the inquiries that will be made because I think eventually my name will be vindicated,” he declared.

He said the labour party, which will be in government, must now prove all of the allegations it has made against him including allegations of corruption.

“I think they have a responsibility towards the electorate to justify what they have said about people like me,” Joseph declared, adding that he is challenging the new labour government to prove the claims.

“If there’s one thing I know is that I’ve worked hard and I have been honest and truthful with the people of Saint Lucia and my constituents even more so,” he observed.

Joseph said before the elections, he had planned a trip to the United States and will be travelling next month.

He said for those who have been spreading rumours that US officials are waiting for him and he will not get a visa, in a week’s time everyone will be able to determine the truth of the matter.

- Advertisement -
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff
Our Editorial Staff at St. Lucia Times is a team publishing news and other articles to over 200,000 regular monthly readers in Saint Lucia and in over 150 other countries worldwide.

36 COMMENTS

Comments are closed.

TRENDING

Subscribe to our St. Lucia Times Newsletter

Get our headlines emailed to you every day.

spot_img
‘It Was Like A War Zone!’: Shooters Rampage Through Morne SerpentRead
+ +
Send this to a friend