PRESS RELEASE:-Minister for Education, Innovation, Gender Relations and Sustainable Development and Parliamentary Representative for Micoud North Dr. Hon. Gale Rigobert met with over two hundred (200) constituents for an important consultative meeting on, Monday 27 th , June, 2016 at the Micoud Secondary School.
The meeting provided an opportunity for constituents to articulate to Dr. Rigobert their issues and concerns regarding overall development of the constituency and to outline priority areas for action.
There was enthusiastic and vigorous input from residents on a range of matters related to the economic, social, health, education, sporting and infrastructural development of Micoud North.
Based on the expectations articulated by constituents an initial list of priority areas was formulated, including:
– Construction of a Modern Health Centre Facility to replace the current “make-shift”arrangement.
– Rehabilitation and reconstruction of the constituency road network (For example, Wenn Road, Patience, New Extension Phase 1, St. Marie Road, La Pointe etc) including agricultural Feeder Roads (Bwa Kanou, etc).
– Rehabilitation and Upgrade of sporting facilities (The Wenn playing field, The Micoud playing field, the Micoud and Patience multipurpose courts)
– Rehabilitation of toilet facilities at the Mon Repos Combined School
– Transformation of the Micoud Village Waterfront as a focal area for fishing enterprise, artistic and entrepreneurial opportunity.
– Development of an after school program that caters to students with diverse talents and needs
During Monday evening’s consultation, Parliamentary Representative Hon. Dr. Gale Rigobert promised constituents that these community meetings will continue to be a feature of her approach to representation and governance.
She committed to undertake such sessions on a quarterly basis in various parts of the Constituency, with the next being scheduled to take place in Mon Repos. The Parliamentary Representative expressed the wish to establish sub committees to focus on the various thematic and priority areas.
At Monday night’s consultation constituents took the opportunity to express an out pouring of congratulations, best wishes and love to Dr. Hon. Gale Rigobert for blessings and success in her endeavors as Parliamentary Representative for Micoud North and Minister for Education,Innovation, Gender Relations and Sustainable Development.