Press Release:- The Millennium Heights Medical Complex Act, No. 1 of 2015 came into force on the 22nd day of January, 2018.
As a result, the Victoria Hospital was preserved and continues in existence as the Owen King EU Hospital.
Due to increasing concerns and requests for clarification by the general public as it pertains to the payment of fees and the admission process of the hospital, management hereby informs the general public of the following which will apply until further notice:
1. All emergency surgeries, which includes C-Sections are performed immediately and billed upon discharge;
2. All emergency hospital admissions are billed upon discharge or intermittently;
3. All pregnant individuals from 24 weeks of gestation and more, presenting at the hospital are immediately referred to the Obstetrics/Gynecology Unit or Maternity Ward after assessment by the Accident and Emergency (A & E) Nurse;
4. All patients of the Obstetrics/Gynecology Unit or Maternity Ward are billed upon discharge;
5. The A & E (Casualty) consultation fee remains at $20.00 and is expected to be paid by everyone during the triage process;
6. All applicable fees for services rendered at A & E (Casualty) must be paid and the receipt submitted to hospital personnel for the provision of the said service;
7. All services rendered to National Insurance Corporation (NIC) contributors upon admissions continue to be billed to the NIC and not the patient;
8. All pensioners and individuals earning less than five hundred dollars ($500) monthly are exempt from hospital charges upon submission of the relevant documents from the employer and the NIC;
9. All individuals with Health Insurance must pay 25% of hospital charges upon discharge and the insurance company will thereafter be billed the balance;
10. There is a process in place to support paupers through the Ministry of Equity, Social Justice, Local Government and Empowerment.
For further information, please contact the hospital Administration Department at 456-8203 or email [email protected]