Health Minister Mary Isaac says no decision has been taken on whether returning individuals placed in quarantine should be made to pay for the duration of their stay there.
“Right now we are still deliberating on exactly what the protocols will be for coming in,” Isaac said when questioned on the matter by reporters on Wednesday.
The Minister explained that Saint Lucia has developed protocols before.
However she said looking at the other Islands that have already opened their doors, Saint Lucia has started to reconsider the pros and cons and is figuring out what to implement locally.
“Although we have a plan, we have gone back to revisit that plan,” she disclosed.
Isaac revealed that on the same day that she was being interviewed by reporters, a meeting was taking place.
“For all you know, we may be finalising those protocols – so I cannot say if we will be instituting charges for persons to be quarantined or not at this point in time,” she told reporters.
St. Kitts and Nevis announced last month that returning nationals and residents would be quarantined in a government facility for 14 days for a fee of $US 500.